While I was shaving this morning . . .

Page 3 of 3
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:14:12 -0400, Silvan

Let's not even go there....
Dr. wants me to lose 50lbs. :-(
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Tim Douglass wrote:

Not to worry. My uncle went to a gym for the first time and lost 40 lbs in one day. Ayup. One of the machines tore his leg off. [old joke alert!]     zorp,     jo4hn
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:14:12 -0400, Silvan

Nah, I need something to keep working toward. ;) That said, I hope to have the carving bench done this weekend.

Yeah, my small amound of facial hair comes off in 30 seconds with one of those vs. half an hour in the bathroom softening hair enough to use a straight razor or Bic on my sensitive skin.

Google it. "paraphenalia" Did you mean "paraphernalia"? Yes. "define: paraphernalia" Google is one helluva nice resource center. Go to their home page and learn more about it. You may be missing half a dozen different features all worth their weight in gold, pard.

What, ya looked it up in the Hernia Edition? My collegiate copy has n. pl. 1. personal belongings. 2. equipment, trappings.

Build more elevated cabinets. I'm in the same predicament, and I already lost some weight. (Half of it found me again, blast it.)
--
REBOOT AMERICA!
-----------------------
Larry Jaques wrote:

I'm not sure what I'm looking for there. The incorrect spelling seems to have more pot-related stuff.

The 1913 Webster's (because it's online in a convenient to browse format, basically; I can just type the word into my status bar flummy and go)

Ain't got no wall space, Chief. The roof is one of those, well, I can't draw it with slashes. Anyway, the side walls are only about 4' tall. The back wall already has a ton o' cabinets and hang'ems, and the front wall is all door.
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:43:16 -0400, Silvan

TTSTS(tmLJ), Bubba.
(Time To Start TOSSIN' SHIT) Caution: Do Not Use on Soft Wreck
--
"If the promise of the Declaration of Independence is ever to be fulfilled,
it will be the Libertarian Party which fulfills it. If the Constitution is
Larry Jaques wrote:

Tiny Titted Seminude Taiwanese Strippers (that makes Long Johnsons)?

Oh. I like mine better.
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:17:36 -0400, Silvan

I'll take two. (They're small.)

Me, too. Send a couple over right now, will ya. I'll have them dance on my sore back. (You DID see the Mahogany thread, oui?)
--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over
Larry Jaques wrote:

Non. There's too much traffic here. Stuff gets lost in the fray.
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:10:08 -0400, Silvan

See the thread on my wood page at www.diversify.com/wood for the uptime lowdown on the aforementioned gloat.
--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over
Larry Jaques wrote:

Urf. You SUCK!
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:32:24 -0400, Silvan

HEY! That's what I was looking for. <titter> But I'm too sore today to do anything with any of it. <sigh>
--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:03:25 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

Ya know, I just can't help thinking "tear out" when you describe your shaving woes. Too bad the Bic doesn't have an adjustable mouth... 8^0
--
"Keep your ass behind you"

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:46:19 -0500, Australopithecus scobis

Right, and don't even THINK of trying to ScarySharpen a Bic. They're more like Rali planes, KWIM,V?
--
"If the promise of the Declaration of Independence is ever to be fulfilled,
it will be the Libertarian Party which fulfills it. If the Constitution is
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 03:22:12 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) calmly ranted:

You've been talkin' to Tawm again, haven't you, Bawb?
<Insert Twilight Zone music here>
--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:30:17 -0400, Silvan

What's that got to do with it? I keep getting tools even though I haven't the place to put them and some I haven't used since I bought them years ago. They're *tools*! You just have to have them.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
A corollary to this whole thread: Why do razor blade companies compete against themselves with multiple kinds of razors? I can understand having different levels of quality (Sensor, Sensor XL, etc), or having different uses (for coarse hair, for sensitive skin, etc), but most razor companies simply make multiple kinds of razors with little explanation as to any kind of differences in them. Wouldn't it make more sense to promote one kind of razor as better than the competitor's brands?

Well, like toothbrushes, sugar, salt, and a number of other consumer goods, there aren't any real differences between one brand and another. They have to differentiate their product _somehow_, so they do it by marketing surveys, test groups, and that sort of thing. In a world where there are no real differences, having a larger number of choices be from your company is one way to increase market share.
It's all marketing bullshit, nothing more. They send you a "sample" for free, only their blades fit that handle, and for reasons they understand but don't make any sense, men won't throw away a perfectly good handle - so we'll keep buying blades from 'em.
Dave Hinz

the majority of the sales. Companies that have big selling power, can also ask for and get "slotting fees"- money to simply give a particular product producer the "best" spot on the shelf. Pat

I gave up on that a couple of years ago- I discovered that the cheap disposible ones last as long or longer than the refills for the ones with the *free* handle, and work just as good- for $1.25 instead of $20!