which twin laser miter saw to buy, porter cable or delta?????

The porter cable is priced at about $50 more, other than that, I see no difference. Any opinions???
http://portercable.com/index.asp?eT7&p '32
http://www.deltawoodworking.com/index.asp?e 6&p5
thanks
I think the biggest difference in all miter saws is the ability to get back to a 90 deg cut without using your square to reset. The better a saw can do that, the better the saw, in my opinion. I'm sorry to say that I don't know about either of these in that factor, but to me that would be the first and most important question. As you said, no difference can be seen, but there will be differences under the hood.
Good luck Eide

I have the Delta and it runs great. But I believe they are the same saw made by the same manufacturer. Only difference being the nameplate.
Mike

Same saw....Delta & Porter Cable are the same company....pay an extra $50 for the better name tag if you must LOL.
--
Jon Down
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:57:21 -0500, "PWɮTLMAN

Take a look at the saws. Same company, not the same saw.
Barry
in message wrote:

We service them & essentially they are the same saw, a few cosmetic differences perhaps....all part of Pentair / Porter Cable / Delta past Rockwell / Beaver
Starting with the two main components 894458 Armature...same in both, 894462 Field...same in both & so on & so on. Different decals perhaps, colors & plastic identifying parts do not really make them different saws.
--
Jon Down
J.D.Power Tool.

Maybe some are.
The two that come to my mind:
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)72873361/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-5997910-6893431?v=glance&s=hi> and <http://www.portercable.com/index.asp?eT7&p '33>
Are quite different, no? Maybe the motor internals are the same, but they use totally different table mechanisms. I've used both of these guys and there were serious differences.
Barry
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:25:22 GMT, B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Ah!!
NOW I GET IT! <G>
The saws I'm thinking of are older, non-laser designs. Thanks Toolman!
Barry
in message wrote:

That's what I figured....the links featured earlier in this thread however were to the two that are the same.....even the major table components.
--
Jon Down
My eBay items currently listed:
in message wrote:

894462
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)72873361/sr1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-5997910-6893431?v=glance&s=hi>
You are thinking of different older models I think.
But I don't wish to argue....have a great New Year!
--
Jon Down
They are pretty much the same saw. Porter Cable, Delta , Devylbus (spelling?), Oldham, and Viper all fall under the same parent company. Both saws have rated equally in the magazine reviews I've seen. Go w/ the Delta if its cheaper. If your possibly a tool collector I have a family member who works for PC-DELTA in Jackson, TN. He says most likely that PC will move out of the miter saw business soon and just focus on power/hand tools (which is what PC does) and turn over the miters completely to Delta (the woodworking machinery side).

joe said:

The Delta 36-255L and the Porter-Cable 3802L are exactly the same saw except for the decals. The extra $50 gets you a one year warranty instead of the two year Delta warranty. Go figure...
Greg G.
<SNIP> " The extra $50 gets you a one year warranty instead of the two year Delta warranty. Go figure." </SNIP>
Isn't that called Tipping the Porter for carrying your Cable?
sorry :-(
OK... Not Really :-)
--
Steve