Which Size Link-Belt for Craftsman 10' Contractor Style Tablesaw?

I am planning to replace the V-belt in my Craftsman 10' contractor style tablesaw (model# 315.228390) with a link-belt. But there are different sizes of link-belt, like 1/2" and 3/8". How can I tell which size of link-belt I should use for this tablesaw? The size of the top side of the current V-belt is 1/2". Does this mean that I should get a 1/2" link-belt?
Thanks in advance for any info.
Jay Chan
Yes
And you'll be glad you did.
Old Guy

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:29:25 -0800, Old Guy wrote:

I just discovered another advantage of link belts. I had a link belt on my old contractor saw and needed a longer belt for my new (antique) Delta. All I had to do was buy another foot of link belt and add it in :-).

If you mix old link belts with new link belts you will run down the new link belt more quickly. Oh wait, that's batteries. Never mind!
Good idea BTY! ;~)
Thanks for confirming that I need 1/2" link-belt (instead of 3/8" version). I will order it soon.
Jay Chan

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:11:34 -0800, Jay Chan wrote:

You should also consider turned pulleys to go with that link belt.
On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 03:44:57 +0000, fgk User wrote:

Agreed. There is a kit that includes the belt and two machined pulleys. The pulleys are the same size, which is correct for a 3450rpm motor. Ny antique needed a 5" and a 3" for a 1450rpm motor so I bought machined and balanced ones from Grainger. Sure are an improvement over cast pot metal :-).
On Sunday, November 16, 2008 11:32:22 AM UTC-5, Larry Blanchard wrote:

I LOVE MY POT METAL PULLEYS, 20 YEARS OLD AND GOING STRONG!