Where to keep the tiny Allen wrench

Page 6 of 6

*snip*

I almost never can get the ones that bend to stay straight again... so once one bends that's the end of it. Only time I try to straighten out a nail is when it's still in the pieces I'm nailing.
I still reuse almost every screw that comes out of a piece in good condition, though.
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as some
writers are incorrigible.

Clip one to each tape measure? That way, you'll be sure to find a tape measure, the one missing the allen key, when you want to adjust the shave.
Lowell Holmes wrote:

In the drawer with the rest of the allen wrenches that came with tools.
;^)
On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 17:21:12 GMT, "Lowell Holmes"

If you find you need that allen wrench everytime you use your spokeshave, make a wooden custom storage box for both items. In the meantime, keep both spokeshave and wrench in the orginal box. It might help to mark the special wrench with a dab of bright nail polish--small allen wrenches can hide.

I use a lot of stuff on the lathe that use different size allen wrenches, so I have a dedicated magnetic tool holder over the workbench for them..
I try to either label the place they go or stick the extra bits or whatever near them, so I can just reach for the one that I need.. The other option is to open the drawer on the tool chest and find the right size in the pile of allen wrenches, but that just takes too much time if it's a tool that you use often.. For things that I use a LOT, like the olan tools or hollowing tools, I stick those wrenches on rare earth magnets on the lathe stand.. YMWV
Did Santa bring those spoke shaves for trimming your Baltic birch? lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing