Where to Buy a Shop Stool

I want something that's padded, has a back, and that's strong. Any one of the mail order places?
Gary Curtis Los Angeles
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Staples?
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

How about building one? You can make those as simple and complex as you like. You get to pick any materials you want.... even a lazy susan hardware thing... I used to work at a foreman's desk a lot even though I had a regular office as well. I find with one cheek on a stool, half-standing at a foreman's desk, I get a lot more creative..*G*..Do NOT ask me why.

I know the left/right brain thing controls creativity and logic. Does it matter which cheek is on the stool?
Probably depends on the individual. :)
wrote in message

..and the individual's diet.

My MIL?
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PARTPG=INSRAR2&PMAKAP5-2296&PMPXNO 1985
$114 at Enco machine tools and supplies. THere are other supply houses - McMillin & Masters, I think.
Gary, Read all the answers so far. The only two specifically pointed out are a bit STEEP, in my opinion.
I have 3 'stools' . . . all under $20 each. . . .
2 are unpadded, about 32 inches to the seat. It's a simple matter to place a piece of 'Slip-Not' on it and add a cushion of my choice. 1 is about 6in taller with a fitted/fastened 'leatherette' padded seat. Neither has a 'back' but they are made of hardwood so fabricating & fastening a back should be no problem. The shorter ones came from a 'chain' crafts store - 'Michaels' . . . but they seem to be a 'standard' product. The padded one came from a local 'Target' store.
Another padded option may be the METAL stools from either 'Pep Boys' or Harbor freight. Again no back but a wooden one could be attached . . . unless your good with metalcraft?

Ikea has a good folding one, nice and tall and can be stowed away on a spare wall.