When does the disease end?

Page 2 of 2
On 19 Nov 2004 17:21:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Larry Bud) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:
It only _becomes_ a "disease" when the money runs out! <G>

My money ran out some time ago...
But I have a mini-gloat; I found a luthier who will trade me the use of his shop and tools -- and expert guidance, in exchange for violin lessons!!!
-- Howard My opinionated book reviews on sales topics http://book-reviews.hostpci.com
On 19 Nov 2004 17:21:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Larry Bud) wrote:

No. It far outlasts the money. Trust me on this.
--RC
Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?
On 19 Nov 2004 17:21:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Larry Bud) wrote:

I don't know, but I'm finding that none of the local hardware stores have anything I want anymore. Doesn't make me want to stop getting tools, it just makes me want to start going to industrial auctions. Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Prometheus wrote:

I'm finding the same effect at Woodcraft/Rock-a-lers.
UA100

Well, yeah, when you've got one or more of each.
I was in there Saturday, with a coupon that gave me $10 off, if I spent $30. I got to $20 OK, but after that, it was difficult. SWMBO helped out by finding a book on building trellises and gazebos. Wanna bet that'll cost a few hunnert dollars? ;-)
Patriarch
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:16:13 GMT, patriarch

I went to Menard's, Sears and Farm & Fleet last week with $100 for hand tools, and came back with one $10 t-bevel. It isn't that I have one of each of what they've got- it's that they've got almost nothing that isn't junk! Try finding a decent handsaw, plane, chisel, drawknife, or, well, anything there- it's like digging in the sewer half the time. Ah well, I just ended up wasting the rest on stupid things, like groceries....
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
<snip>

I believe that, if you want to spend $100 on hand tools, and not end up with total junk, you're going to have to learn the ways of the rust hunter...
Because $100 doesn't buy a lot of Lie Nielsen. Or a lot of groceries, for that matter.
Patriarch
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 05:36:50 GMT, patriarch

No, but if you're looking for one Lie Nielsen tool, a c-note might get you something. But that wasn't the problem- they just didn't have anything good, at any price!
But you're obviously in a more expensive area than I- $100 buys way more groceries than my wife and I can eat in a month! Might be the rural setting, but that's the smallest bill I've got.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:33:17 -0600, Prometheus

With a budget of $1.67 per day, your wife must be thrilled that those scrumptious Ramen noodles are now available in so many different flavors... ;>
Larry Bud wrote:

Exactly. When the money runs out.
Can I have some money? :)