Wheeled Kayak Carrier- Plans or Ideas

A friend has asked me to make a carrier for her kayak. Not the on-top-of-the-car type but the walk your kayak to the water type. Most of the ones I see online or at the camp sites involve metal tubing of some sort and some welding. I would like to make one using mainly wood plus wheels and no welding. Any ideas? Thanks, JG

works). PT 2x4, with rubber pads, lag bolts for the wheels, eye bolts and a bungee cord to hold it on. Dave Jordahl
Thanks for trying but this group does not take pictures. You need to post it on alt. binaries. pictures.woodworking Cheers, JG
D Jordahl wrote:

JGS wrote:

ISTR seeing one online made with PVC pipe.
I suggest checking the rec.boats.paddle.* newsgroups and searching the WWW with Google or Altavista.
--

FF

Hi FF, I did Google WWW first. Nothing of help on the first several pages. Will google specificially on that news group you mentioned. And a fellow on another forum sent me a url for a PVC one he made. Thanks, JG