What? No mitre track?

Page 2 of 2
Third option:
T-track instead of mitre track. I only use it for featherboards, stop blocks, etc, but it is handy nonetheless.
snipped-for-privacy@kreusch.com wrote:

My useless miter track is T-track. <G>
A few threaded inserts would have been just as handy, easier to install, and much cheaper for my purposes.
Barry
Third option:
T-track instead of mitre track. I only use it for featherboards, stop blocks, etc, but it is handy nonetheless.
The miter track on my table is used 5:1 for holding a featherboard vs use with a gauge. You can use the fence with a wide backing piece to route the ends of narrow stock. That also minimizes tear-out.
David
Never Enough Money wrote:

In two years, I've kept detailed records of my mitre track use. Total is: 1
How would I do the end of a six foot piece? With help. If I tried to hold a 6' board flat and square by just holding it against the miter, I'd probably drop it. There is a lot of leverage there and even supported would be a problem.
I do also have a T track for a featherboard and have used that.