What kind of wood is this?

I recently had to throw out some old patio umbrellas and noticed that the ribs and post were wood. I know it's not maple or oak. It's a hardwood of some kind - very light, like birch but it seems to have more 'pores' than birch. Not an open grain like mahogany or oak but more pores than I've seen i birch.
Anyone aware of what type of wood this may be?
Thanx,
vgb
--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

BTW, I have gotten some good mileage with your posting tag line -- not claiming credit, just telling people about it. Big business types with engineering backgrounds love it -- and not just in a chuckle kind of way. It's like a secret handshake they never knew they had, if that makes sense. If you came up with it, you might consider filing a copyright -- a few bucks. You can take a look at this for some info re that possibility: http://www.cni.org/Hforums/cni-copyright/1998-03/0839.html
Wish I could take credit for it - but I stole it from someone else <G> - another programming type. My other favorite, being an Italian is:
Oregano: The Ancient Italian Art of Pizza Folding
Stole that one too!

sense.
Vic Baron wrote:

I always get snorts from the older (Fortran) programmers with:
God is real, unless declared integer...
author unknown.
-Bruce
Hmmm. I was told that's what an Italian chef in Oregon is called.
Art
[snip]