what is woodwork-L

I sent a post to this rec. newsgroup and got a reject notice from a listserv. What is going on?
It seems to be crap from Indiana U a looping thing, scan the past posts and you should be able to get more info, I got as well as others in here. I just blocked the sender.
Rich
(BErney1014) wrote:

The guy that runs the listserv can't figure out how to configure it properly, apparently.
Doug Miller wrote:

Think it would help if everyone who is getting these annoying messages might want to send an e-mail to the guy?
snipped-for-privacy@indiana.edu
I think it would.
UA100
you could also report this to snipped-for-privacy@iu.edu, probably get his attention a little quicker......
http://support.uits.iu.edu/scripts/ose.cgi?http://kb.indiana.edu/data/ahex.ose.help?osecat=secpol for the page it came from.....

Good idea...

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BErney1014) wrote in message

I got one as well. Figuring it was legit, I tried posting again and got another notice. But the post (both times!) is posted here. What's up?

My case exactly. I just don't understand how "they" are grabbing from rec. and claiming I'm trying to post to a listserv I never heard of, unless someone has a forward going to them.
Forward these to snipped-for-privacy@indiana.edu
He'll take care of it.
UA100
Hello all;
Actually Stephen has several lists at Indiana.edu. I used to be a member of some including the woodworking-l list. I unsubbed a few months ago because it was mostly a rehash of what is printed here.
Maybe he opened a gateway to have the rec linked to his list and somehow it got all screwed up along the way.
He actually is pretty good at keeping his lists under control, so maybe all the problems you are having will get resolved soon.
Keep making sawdust,
Woodworkerdan Dan Harriman Orange, Texas