What is the best table saw regardless of price?

Page 2 of 2

Altendorf F45 would be my choice... If I had the room and the floor to support it. Our shop just bought a new one and it is some kind of sweet to use. http://www.altendorfamerica.com/equipment/manufacturers/altendorf/f45/index.htm
CC

doc44 wrote:

If you are looking for a new straight table saw I would suggest the Northfield as they are the only ones left of the biggies of the 40's and 50's made totally in America. If used is your thing I would suggest the Tannewitz as I think that it was the Cadillac of all USA made saws. The engineering and quality is unsurpassed. The Northfield new runs around $10,000 to $12,000 give or take. An old Tannewitz can be bought anywhere from about $2500. to $8000. depending on model, condition and type. I own a late model XJ that would sell now for about $6000. as I reconditioned it. Perfect saw for general millwork and cabinet making shops. 5hp, direct drive, 3phase, 16" saw diameter and weighs about 1650lbs. Tannewitz has not made these saws since about the mid 80's due to stupid law suits. They don't even like talking about them when you call them. No parts are available there any longer but the fact is that if you do want a Tannewitz and buy one in good condition chances are you'll never need any parts in your lifetime or your grandson's either. All motors are removble and can be completely overhauled to run like new. That's about the only thing that most of the older saws will ever need. Parts can be made by local machinests if you ever needed it.
Cheers
For solid wood, Inca's model 2100/2200.