Sofa Table

I'm working on a sofa table with a "Southwest" style. The style is somewhat like the entertainment center I posted at abpw. (see sofa table) It's made of Ponderosa Pine. I can't decide on what kind of finish I should use. Any suggestions?

Max

Reply to
Max

I just checked and I don't see the picture of the entertainment center. Probably something I did wrong in posting.

Reply to
Max

Try this:

snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=1494&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Reply to
Max

Shellac over oil or wax over oil.

It's not a table, it doesn't need to be enormously hard wearing. It has large plain doors facing you, so you want to give the timber some interest and depth (so use the oil first). If the timber is really well figured, then go for wax over oil, otherwise shellac over oil. Use blonde shellac, or else pines go a bit too orange.

Reply to
Andy Dingley