What Is Shaker Furniture?

Apparently you have comprehended absolutely nothing. Click on the link, your answer is in the bulleted list under the heading "Results of Inbreeding".

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

You have not comprehended that we are discussing the Amish, not inbreeding. If in fact the Amish exhibit these results in such a way as to lack "quality", show some evidence to that effect.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Wrong. We're discussing both.

I already have. However, your problem now seems to be that the referenced article was general and does not specifically mention the Amish. Apparently you're the only one unaware that inbreeding is rampant among the Amish. Here's another link:

If that's not enough, DAGS on "amish inbreeding". There's more than 16000 additional articles for you to ignore and deny. Knock yourself out.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Finally something substantive. But doesn't really demonstrate any lack of "quality", unless one kid having to have a special diet indicates lack of "quality".

As for "knocking myself out", sorry, but it doesn't work that way. You're the one making the assertion that the Amish lack "quality" so it's up to you to prove it.

Reply to
J. Clarke

> If that's not enough, DAGS on "amish inbreeding". There's more than

At least to say what it means.

Reply to
krw

Here are some "non-proof" quotes from the article:

"...children, who are disproportionately afflicted by rare and sometimes fatal genetic-based diseases because of 200 years of inbreeding."

"The Amish have higher rates of inherited disease caused by bad, recessive genes that are diluted in the general population but remain captive in closed societies. That increases the odds that distant relatives that are each carriers of a rare disorder will marry and produce afflicted children."

"...a rare enzyme deficiency that if left untreated, as it was for many years in the Amish community, will lead to mental retardation."

Just because you choose to ignore the proof doesn't mean it hasn't been proven.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

>> If that's not enough, DAGS on "amish inbreeding". There's more

I see. By that reasoning Stephen Hawking is of low "quality" because he has a rare and usually fatal genetic disorder.

Perhaps this would go better if you defined "quality" in regard to human beings.

Reply to
J. Clarke

>> If that's not enough, DAGS on "amish inbreeding". There's more than

We see downs syndrome and autism in open society breeding. Are we to stop breeding in open society because "defectives" are happening. Heck US grade school and high school test scores are going down. Now we are breeding stupid kids. Oops, pretty off topic not worthy of a response.

Reply to
Jim Behning