What is Living Trade?

Page 2 of 6
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (D. A. Clark) wrote in message (Conan The Librarian) wrote in message

On the contrary, DA. I also do a bit of woodworking. And all the wood is dimensioned, carved and joined with handtools:
http://uweb.txstate.edu/~cv01/flystation01.jpg
http://uweb.txstate.edu/~cv01/bench03.jpg
http://uweb.txstate.edu/~cv01/chicabinet.jpg
http://www.swt.edu/~cv01/swtable2.jpg
http://www.swt.edu/~cv01/cross003.jpg
http://www.swt.edu/~cv01/bowls01.jpg
http://uweb.txstate.edu/~cv01/shoji.jpg
http://uweb.txstate.edu/~cv01/hboy4.gif
http://uweb.txstate.edu/~cv01/mesquitable.jpg
http://uweb.txstate.edu/~cv01/koa2.jpg
Chuck Vance Just say (tmPL) Back to you.
(Conan The Librarian) wrote in message

Well, Charlie, someday, you might be ready for a real project. dac
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (D. A. Clark) wrote in message

And what, pray-tell, do you consider a "real" project, D?
While we're at it, exactly what is your purpose for making your semi-annual appearance on this newsgroup? You haven't contributed anything thus far, other than the fact that you're still looking for this "living trade" of yours.
Chuck Vance
Chuck Vance
On 8 May 2004 17:23:48 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@txstate.edu (Conan The Librarian) wrote:

Nice work, Chuck!
Barry
@txstate.edu says...

Nice work. Like the Flytying station. Is it your own design or did you use plans? If you used plans, where are they available? Thanks
--

Phillip Hansen
Skil-Phil Solutions

Thanks for the kind words, Phil. The design is of my own making, but I took elements from several tying stations I found on the web. I did a Google Images search on "fly tying station", "fly tying bench" and found enough ideas there to give me a good start.
In particular, a place called Coldstream (http://www.coldstreamfurniture.com/bench.html ) was my inspiration for the choice of figured woods, and the basic form. I just modified things to suit my own particular needs.
Chuck Vance
@txstate.edu says...
<SNIP> Thanks for the info. I live in a fly fishing area but do not fish myself. The tables could be an additional outlet for me. Will look at the sites and get some inspiration <g>
--

Phillip Hansen
Skil-Phil Solutions

Just curious ... what area do you live in? I'm always looking for new places to travel to see interesting scenery and fish.
Anyhow, enjoy the site. They do some nice work (even if it's probably too flashy for Larry's taste). :-)
Chuck Vance
@txstate.edu says...

Live in a rural village (Rosetta) in the KZN Midlands in South Africa. Great fishing area. When are you coming <G>
--

Phillip Hansen
Skil-Phil Solutions
Phil Hansen wrote:

I'll have to check with SWMBO. (She's my travel agent.) She's got us booked for the Crowsnest Pass (Canuckistan) in July, and probably San Miguel de Allende (Mexico) later in the year. After that I know she wants to see Australia and New Zealand (so do I .... supposed to be outstanding trout fishing in NZ).
So maybe next year some time? :-)
Chuck Vance
On Thu, 13 May 2004 07:08:44 -0500, Conan the Librarian

Do the fish bite back, Phil, or is that only in the Amazon? (in the other SA)

Give big, sloppy kisses to Xena, Gabrielle, and Callisto for me when you get to NZ, will ya, Conan? They're sure to love your handle. (No, I meant "nickname".)
----------------------------------------------------------------- When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright ---------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

No, you will not loose your fingers. The tiger fish further north in Zimbabwe are a lot more aggressive with serious teeth and a good fighter on the line. (so I'm told <G>)
--

Phillip Hansen
Skil-Phil Solutions

Those are some scary-looking fish: http://www.frontierstrvl.com/pages/freshwater/africa/nxamaseri.html
Chuck Vance Just say (tmPL) I think I'll stick to something less frightening ... like piranhas.
On 14 May 2004 05:01:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@txstate.edu (Conan The Librarian) brought forth from the murky depths:

Ooh, dem teefs be scary alright. Here were the fish I referred to on the other SA. http://www.scz.org/animals/p/piranha.html I don't think you want to fish for these, Chuck.
----------------------------------------------------------------- When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright ---------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
@txstate.edu says...

Try these links for a bit more info on the area and whats available
nottingham.kzn.org.za/nottingham/
www.drakensberg-tourism.com/nottingham-road.html
www.sa-venues.com/kzn/thebend.htm
www.sa-venues.com/accommodation/kzn_nottinghamroad.htm
www.roomsforafrica.com/dest/south_africa/kwazulu_natal/nottingham_road.j sp (watch wrap)
www.safarinow.com/Destinations/Nottingham-Road/
Nice brewery Cheers
--

Phillip Hansen
Skil-Phil Solutions

Un-interested
: I believe the question was...What is Living Trade? : Only two respondents have made an effort to answer with any : perspicacity, and they did well. So, what does that make the rest of : you?
People who understand that "living trade" is an odd, and incoherent, collocation of words.
Where on earth did you find the term "living trade"? It appears in no English discussion of the trades for the last several hundred years.
    -- Andy Barss

Is that so, professor? But, would you not use the term 'living trust' and expect to be understood? Have you read the posted premises, or are you merely shaking your willy, as if I'd misspelled a single word? Perhaps, you should not count yourself amongst the people who understand.

You make me laugh...yeah, I polled the search engines, too. Just because some computer twit hasn't assigned importance to the subject, that must mean it doesn't exist, right? And, heaven forbid, that a man might have original thought...but then, even Chippendale was only a plagarist. So, pardon me, if I don't believe you to be the last authority with your suppositions. Working wood or working words, no man is the master, we are apprentices all of our lives. If the uninterested and vain would only stop wasting space in this thread, we all might learn something. That is why I was here... daclark
On 15 May 2004 09:39:22 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (D. A. Clark) wrote:

so if I understand the issues correctly, you really are a troll.