What is it? Set 542

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

That's a good link, thanks.

    Posting from the usenet newsgroup rec.crafts.metalworking as always. (Also, my living room, for Stormin' Moron. :-)
3163)    Well -- it serves to measure the angle of surfaces from the     horizontal or the vertical. The calibration is in degrees,     though the markings appear to be in some other language than     English. Possibly Italian? The markings "D.T.", "DISTANZI" and     "ADVANTI" and I can't make out the markings more distance from     the end.
3164)    Shock mount for shipping sensitive electronics equipment,     usually used in sets of four to mount the equipment to the     inside of the shipping crate -- or on sets of eight if used on     both top and bottom instead of just bottom.
3165)    This is a keyboard and press/punch for embossing Braille     letters into plastic or paper -- probably paper, given the     apparent age of it -- and the lack of a mechanism for indexing     the paper or plastic to space the letters in a straight line.
    I'm not sure how the paper or plastic is to be held down. With     paper, likely just by thumb pressure.
3166)    This one looks sort of like a universal clock winding tool.
3167)    A strange thing. I could see it being used to unscrew jar     lids -- but I'm not sure about the turret with the various     widths of projections -- perhaps to fit into lock rings of some     sort, with one flat position for normal un-notched rings (or jar     lids).
3168)    This one, if screwed to a wall or the edge of a countertop     could be used either to grip a jar lid -- including puncturing     the edge for better grip -- or it could walk around the edge of     of a can cutting the top -- and the rim -- loose from the body     of the can. Thus it would leave the can rather flexible and     harder to grip. And -- it appears to fit only one diameter of     can -- a fairly large one from the looks of it.
    Now to post and then see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

    Why limit the followups to rec.woodworking -- especially since the later information seems to make it a military item -- an (artillery) gunner's protractor, not a woodworking tool?
    I've reset the cross-posting as it was intended to be. This is one of the exceptions to setting followups to a single newsgroup, as there are people contributing from all three -- and most people do not *read* all three newsgroups. I know that I only read rec.crafts.metalworking of the three.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail