What is it? Set 499

Page 2 of 2

2907 doesn't look useful to break rusted nuts. It appears to be designed to go around a long object and turn something that the tooth would fit into. That said I have no idea what it is...
Fun set. I didn't get any of them, but that's fine. Learned a bit of history. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

Sounds like a good idea for it, though for now it remains a mystery until we can find a good reference.
Tough set this week, four of the answers have been posted, hopefully we'll get the other two in the near future.

2905)    Looks like something for picking up a bundle of hay or something     similar. Lacking a better image of the hinge area, I'll have to     guess that the fork tines close as the handles are spread apart.
    The "Larger" links still fail on FireFox on a Solaris system,     but work on a now ancient copy of Opera.
2096)    Perhaps something to stretch sheets or towels across while     drying?
2097)    This looks like a relative of a "nut splitter", which drives     a built-in chisel into one face of a nut which is frozen onto     a bolt to allow it to be removed.
    This one seems to combine the chisel and the wrench lever into a     single tool. Slip it over the nut, tighten the nuts to drive     the chisel in, and then pull on the handle in the right     direction to loosen the nut.
    It also is easier to put in place with that pivoted bar.
2098)    No real clue about this one. Not even a reasonable guess. :-)
    Well ... on second thought, perhaps for drawing fairly     lightweight nails, pivoting on the bulge shown just before the     fork.
2099)    Given the sharpened edges, it looks to be to cut a square     bottomed trough. The stud and ring suggest that it may be part     of a plow, which provides the support and the motion, and the     handle lets you lever the load up. Perhaps for picking up     blocks of soil with a plant growning from them for     transplanting?
2100)    Hmmm ... pair of insulated electrodes, with separate terminals     to each, and a pair of projections which cross at right angles     inside a pair of insulating wood handles. I would guess that it     is for spot welding two pieces of wire together where they     cross, perhaps for repairing a welded fence. At a guess, the     terminals go to leads which feed from an automotive lead-acid     storage battery. Maybe one of the older 6V ones from the 1950s     and before.
    Now to post and then see what others have guessed.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail