Ping: PuckDropper

PuckDropper,

You asked me to report/review on the "Chemical Splash Goggles" from Lee Valley (on page 224 of their catalog) a few months ago.

I wore them for a couple hours while I was sanding some drywall compound recently. Indeed they do not fog. However, my glasses fog inside on them (it looks strange). As I found my (Stanley?) $2-3 goggles totally unusable due to fogging, the Lee Valley product has value.

They are a snug fit over my glasses--which are not all that big. But I realized that if that were not a snug fit, then they wouldn't provide as much protection.

There is a strip of rubber along the edge of the polycarbonate that makes a comfortable fit to the face. It readily comes off. I presume that it will determine the lifetime of the goggles as I doubt it is replaceable.

Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to answer. For $19.50, you can't go too far wrong on this, unless they don't go over your glasses.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

Thanks Bill.

The goggles being a tight fit to the glasses isn't too surprising. One pair of chemical splash goggles I have require putting the glasses in the goggles first then putting the entire thing on. (Otherwise it will push the glasses back to an uncomfortable position.)

When I get fogging, it's very often the glasses fogging first. It might just be a trait of goggles over glasses. I wonder if some kind of forced ventilation might address it? Something like a small cell-phone vibrator motor and button cell battery, perhaps?

I've mostly eliminated the fogging problem by switching to a Trend Airshield Pro. It's got its own drawbacks (weight, comfort) but at least I'm not running in to a safety issue with glasses fogging up halfway through a cut.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 03:20:21 -0400, Bill

Your only recourse would be to get lens with an anti fog coating for your glasses. Can't comment on the effectiveness of such a coating as I've never chosen that option when ordering my eye glasses.

Reply to
none

On 28 Jun 2013 07:56:13 GMT, Puckdropper

As I mentioned to Bill, you can get an anti fog coating for eyeglasses. ~ Something you might consider the next time you get a prescription filled.

Reply to
none

IIRC, my dad used to apply something to his glasses that was intended to prevent fogging. If such a product is available it shouldn't be too hard to track down these days.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Here's some stuff with a catchy name:

Bill

Or one can use a potato, e.g.

or

Honest, it's true. Would this face lie to you? mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Thanks, I may give it a try sometime.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

On these hot days, it's difficult enough keeping your whistle wet, much less having extra spit to wet your goggles. You might assist your tongue, with some beers, for producing a sufficient amount of spit.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny