What is it? Set 476

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with the fourth one this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
2768 Is a small millstone, but I have no idea if it was used to grind grain or something else.
On 1/17/2013 4:11 AM, Rob H. wrote:

The museum didn't specify exactly what it was for but millstone is certainly correct.
Rob H. wrote:

34" would be about right for a small water powered mill. That one looks in very good shape as well.
--
Steve W.

On 1/17/2013 12:59 PM, Steve W. wrote:

It's looks really light, or almost worn out from use and resharpening. I suspect it was animal powered.
Paul

My thoughts too .. too thin and in too good condition. Maybe the photo angle is hiding the true thickness ? John T.
--- ---
Paul Drahn wrote:

The small "family" mills around here ran stones about that size. They didn't run huge wheels so the smaller stones worked better.
--
Steve W.

2767 Used to chip stone or tile
2768 stone flywheel off the flintstone car
2769 Mtm Shooting Rest
2770 Looks like a trigger and site practice tool
2771 lamp Shade
2772 Mini Keg
Robert
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:25:50 AM UTC-6, Robert wrote:

Rather than a lamp shade, a base or oil reservoir for a sconce type oil lamp. This base could be removed, for refilling, without having to remove the lamp body from its attachment to the wall (or attachment to whatever the body is on).
Sonny

Correct
Sounds like a good idea but I sure can't find another one like it on the web.

The sight notch, mirror and "plumb bob" of the "pistol" seem to be designed to allow the user to be sure he is holding it level front to back and side to side. What the trigger does is anyone's guess, although it looks like it is a release of some sort for some removable part that is not shown.

2770. What our guns will look like if the ridiculous gun laws out law having guns. The gun laws of course will have no effect on criminals because gun laws don't protect the innocent.
Greg Guarino wrote the following on 1/17/2013 6:43 AM (ET):

2770 Brevet makes watches. I suspect it may be a Ruby setting device.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Brevet is also the Swiss word for Patent.
--
Steve W.

Good timing on our posts. :-) I think the logo might be the key to solving this one but I haven't had any luck yet in connecting it to a company. The two knobs under the mirror look like they could be for resting this device on a flat surface but for what purpose I don't know.
On 1/17/2013 1:37 PM, Rob H. wrote:

The combination of the two knobs and the knob on the plunger could have held a cylinder in position and then the trigger pull would allow it to drop. The mirror would allow the operator to get all things aligned and then pull the trigger.
What was being done, I have no clue!
Paul

I like the idea of it holding a cylinder, but I also can't think of a reason for it.

Brevet is also the French word for patent, so I don't know if the word on this tool is a company name or if it's just saying that the tool is patented.

2768 Millstone
2772 Keg for black powder
2767: battery terminal pliers