What is it? Set 423

Page 1 of 2
I need some help on the second one this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2454 Variety of brick bolsters / chisels. Used to cut/shape bricks and chisel out mortar between bricks.

Is it cheating to go searching? If not, I found a picture and brief description of #2452 here: http://www.caldwellandcompany.net/NewArrivals.html
I scrolled the entir epage, and didn't see it. More detail, please.

Is it cheating to go searching? If not, I found a picture and brief description of #2452 here: http://www.caldwellandcompany.net/NewArrivals.html
3rd pic down. It's part of the set of shotgun reloading tools.
Stormin Mormon wrote the following:

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

#2449 A honey dipper/ladle? #2450 Clasp for a a gate?

2454. Ship and or boat caulking irons. About half way down this page. http://www.sydnassloot.com/caulking.htm Karl

Beat me to it.

2250 - almost looks like the hook latch on the back of a moving van that holds the garage door (for lack of a better term) closed.

    I think that I need help on the rest. :-)
2449)    Does it have bearings so the grooved object will     rotate freely on the handle?
    If so, it might be for guiding running ropes onto the proper     pulley.
2450)    A release probably for two ropes (lines) or perhaps chains     in lifting or load binding. The upper chain is through the eye,     and the hook on the lower fits through an eye on a lower line,     or a link in the chain. The projection to the right is to     balance it so if the line goes slack for a moment, it won't     release.
2451)    Perhaps the cap to a burial enclosure (to hold the coffin     and protect from underground critters), though it is a bit     small for holding a full sized coffin.
2452)    Perhaps one of the rings holding a military rifle of some age     together?
2453)    Perhaps for scooping grain -- and for opening a container using     the notch shown in the second photo?
2454)    Chisels for stonecarving?
    Now to post this (somewhat late -- I was completing a project) and then see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

2450 looks something like an antique chest latch, but larger and cruder. I does look like it was meant to latch something that opens vertically or that slides. The large hole makes me think it was meant to go on the base of a knob.
http://www.colourbox.com/media/2518081
2450 On 1/13/2012 2:39 AM, anorton wrote:

On 1/13/2012 3:30 AM, Christian Stben wrote: > a belt buckle
I was having trouble with the kinematics of this as a latch, because I was thinking of the square thing near the 3.25 inch mark as a pivot. But, if as anorton says, the thing pivots about the large hole, then it makes sense. The square thing might be decorative or a detent bump.

a belt buckle, open:
http://www.wackel3d.de/offtopic/bk/2012_01_13_6692.JPG
closed:
http://www.wackel3d.de/offtopic/bk/2012_01_13_6694.JPG
Greetings from germany Chris
Christian Stben wrote the following:

Anyone not on broadband would probably watch those pics load until tomorrow. 5616 x 3744 ?
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 1/13/2012 7:54 AM, willshak wrote:

who is not on broadband?
--
Steve Barker
2453 - River Side Manufacturing Co., in Murfreesboro, NC, is a basket making company. It would seem to be a tool for weaving baskets. If it has a specific weaving use, I wouldn't know what that is.

You're on the right track, they aren't for weaving though they are basket related.
Plenty of people live in areas where high speed is not available.

who is not on broadband?
--
Steve Barker
Steve Barker wrote the following:

I don't know their names, but not everyone has what you have.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY