What is it? Set 407

Page 3 of 3
On 9/22/2011 5:40 PM, Rob H. wrote:

2355 harrow or seeding plough 2358 tank track plates rubber coated
--
Kevin (Bluey)
Rob H. wrote:

2354: A pressurized telephone cable splice housing (you can see the cables entering in the bottom). The can is sealed and pressurized with dry nitrogen which makes its way inside the underground cables and forces any water out through the inevitable pin hole.
2358: Two links from a tank or caterpillar track.
Well, I think correct answers have been posted for all but 2353 and 2357. Since I have no clue for 2357, I'll guess on 2353.
I can't see a means of driving the disk, but if there is one, it could be a nut cracker or sheller. I've seen smaller versions very similar to this device that were hand cranked nut crackers or shellers.
WayneJ
"Rob H." wrote in message
I need some help with the unusual metal box in this week's set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
Thursday, September 22, 2011 Set 407
For first time visitors I recommend this archive for some of my best posts.
2353. Approximately 30" diameter, take a look at Neatorama for more guesses and a chance to win a T-shirt.
Larger image
Larger image
Larger image
2354. This pressurized canister was shot on a country road next to some railroad tracks:
Larger image
2355 looks like a recording barometer, But I could be wrong.
Steve R.
2356