What is it? Set 393

Page 2 of 2

Sonny

2269)    Three possibilities come to mind for this one:
    1)    Hand held police speed radar.
    2)    Hand held parabolic distance (surveillance) microphone
    3)    Part of a light signaling device -- perhaps used         between ships in a military engagement. The trigger         switch to send blips of light, and the sight on the top         to make sure that it is aimed at the receiving end,         because (by design) it has a very narrow beam angle.
2270)    Prefab (and pre-loaded) kitchen for serving food and coffee     during a flight. A lot quicker to load and unload than to     refill it in place on the plane -- the kitchen is cleaned and     refilled at the terminal, and ready to swap in when the plane     touches down.
2271)    I don't know -- but I *really* don't want to sit on it. :-)
    It might be some form of incinerator if those points are punched     and folded out from the sheet metal instead of being riveted in     place -- that would give ventilation -- but why leave those     points threatening everyone near it?
2272)    A radiation survey Geiger counter. Not the ones which were     packed in the Civil Defense bomb shelters (those were painted a     bright yellow), but also not one for checking ore and such,     since it does not have a hand held probe (Geiger-Mller tube).
    (That second letter in the part after the hyphen should be a 'u'     with an umlaut above it.)
    Does that meter scale say mR/hr (milli-Rentgens per hour?)
    (And the second letter after the hyphen in this should be an 'o'     with an umlaut above it.) All just in case the special     characters don't show up properly on your newsreader.
    I've got one of each type, FWIW, but not one which looks exactly     like this one.
2273)    Is this perhaps a "smudge pot" -- a dirty-burning flame to     coat an orchard with soot as part of a protection against     freezing.
2274)    Now that is a strange beastie. :-)
    Sort of looks like a minimum strength driveshaft which sort of     runs loose between two things -- with nubs which could perhaps     be used to make it act as a pair of universal joints without the     parallel spikes.
    Now to post and then check what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Yes, the points are punched and folded out from sheet metal, this would have been used on a farm.

Its for drying hay?
-riverman

You're partly right, it's for drying something but not hay.
Rob H. wrote:

Silage?
Thanks, Rich

Nope, not for silage nor tobacco as dpb guessed, you can check out the answers that I posted last night or you keep guessing if you like.
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

No real clue...would seem would have to be for some specialty crop or a low-volume product. The size and the small door would preclude anything of much size or volume simply from the practicality of dealing w/ the volumes of product farms generally produce...
Wouldn't think it would have anything to do w/ tobacco, but I'll throw that out as a WAG for lack of anything else that comes to mind...

The horse bit spider like thing looks like a rest for a carving knife or a cook's spoon.

No but it is for use by a cook or other person in a kitchen or dining room.