What is it? Set 352

A new set of photos has been posted on the web site:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
2023: I'm going to guess that it's an updraft carburetor from a dual- fuel tractor that is started using gasoline and then switched to cheaper tractor fuel/distillate when the engine is warmed up.
2025: The tank from a kerosene wick stove. A modern example is here: <http://www.stpaulmercantile.com/index.php ? action=store&item=ButterflySingleBurnerStove>
2026: Pigeon racing clock.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigeon_racing>
2028: Magnetic sweeper for picking up foreign objects from an airfield.
Northe

    Hmm ... I can only see it as being useful for ferrous metals, not for aluminum, titanium, brass or bronze.
    And given that airframes are often made of aluminum or titanium (for weight reasons), with ferrous metals only used where needed, explicitly engine cylinders and blocks, shafts to propellers, and likely some parts of the landing gear. One may presume that the metals to be picked up are results from crashes -- though the results of a bomb detonation is likely too -- and that is most likely ferrous.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail