2589 - A bowling ball rack?
Reply to
Sonny

#2591 Does it have a thermostatic nature? Like on an emergency fire-sprinkler system?

#2592 A dead center for a lathe (providing a "quick release")?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

#2587 Looks like the flat part is a lever which pulls the hammer back and sets the trigger. I'm not sure about the two pieces on the barrel unless they somehow form a "sight" for the gun.

Reply to
Bill
2588- Bitters bottles?
Sonny
2587 The flat part is for hooking the pistol on your waistband. The two pieces at the front used to capture the ramrod. They should have a small block between them that had a hole the ramrod could slide through.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman
2587: Flat piece is a putty mixer. The two hooks are for coats, or hats. The flintolock pistol belonged to an English butler. 2588: probably patent medicines, with a lot of laudanum. 2589: storage rack for something. But what? 2590: Totally no clue. 2591: I've never seen one of these. And, I've had a lot of things apart. 2592: Totally no clue.

Good selection. I'm stumped, on all of them.

.

Stormin Mormon

Didn't the page say it was six inches long?

Further look, and I was oops. Six feet. Well, in that case, the bowling ball rack is okay.

.

2589 - A bowling ball rack?
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
tiredofspam

Reply to
walkerk

2587 - The flat piece is a rapid clip. Allows the pistol to be stuck in a boot top, tucked in a hidden fold, or stuck in the harness on a horse to secure it. The hooks are part of the ramrod latch. 2588 - Hair tonic bottles?

2589 - Bowling ball rack from an old alley, The local place has one painter dark blue.

2590 -

2591 - Part of a soda fountain?

2592 - Looks like a piece of hardware from old scaffolding. It slides up/down a bar with holes in it. The pointed plunger locks into those holes and locks the cross bar as well. Then the side screw tightens down to secure it all.
Reply to
Steve W.

2591--Piece of grounding cable for lightning rods.
Reply to
G. Ross

Correct

Reply to
Rob H.

Bottles for bitters is right.

Reply to
Rob H.

You have the right idea but not 100% correct.

Yes, they were used to hold a ramrod, I guess the holder was broken, the ramrod can be seen just above the gun.

Reply to
Rob H.

That's it! This gun was described as a boot pistol, "so called because of the metal flange for securing the weapon on one's boot." I don't have any further description or history on it.

Lots of guesses on this piece of hardware but I haven't been able to prove any of them correct.

Reply to
Rob H.

Good answer, it is indeed part of an old lightning rod, actually it was part of a salesman's sample which consisted of a small padded box that contained this piece along with the lightning rod tip.

Reply to
Rob H.

My bet my Great Uncle Jed knew that before he..... well, you know....

Reply to
Zz Yzx

2587) A trap gun. The links at the front allow it to pivot vertically around the vicinity of the muzzle, and the flat metal part is used to adjust the angle to prop it up to shoot higher or lower as it pivots around that front link.

I also note a hole in the front of the trigger guard in the second photo which might clear the threaded steel rod sitting under it -- which could be used to press the trigger via a tripwire.

2588) Root beer?

Patent medicines?

2589) Looks like it might be a stand for seven rifles -- perhaps at an Army or National Guard barracks? 2590) Hmm ... the jaws look similar to a tool which I have used which serves to nibble through sheet metal -- but the jaws are too widely spaced on this for that. Perhaps could be used to nibble glass -- perhaps for making stained glass windows?

The second set of jaws -- on the handle side of the pivot might serve for cracking walnuts or the like?

2591) Very familiar to me -- except for being so short. Those are sections of lightning rod and couplers.

These particular ones are either for demonstrating how the product goes together, or for fixing "oops" in selecting the length of rod. :-)

2592) Perhaps serves as a spring loaded center punch for marking a particular style of workpiece prior to center drilling?

Now to post and then see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Then the hole in the front of the trigger guard is likely tapped to hold the thread of the ramrod.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols