What is a lampshade, Alex? (somewhat off topic)

Last night on Jeopardy there was a contestant who Alex introduced as a "woodworker who makes unusual lamps" He makes the shades from maple veneers. Alex must also have an appreciation for wood as he asked the guy about what wood gives the best grain and what brings out the pattern. Too bad the guy finished second in Final Jeopardy.
Marc (Note; Quotes and anything else I remember from last night were typed this morning so there may be a bit of mental fermentation that has taken place)

I think the contestants provide Alex with questions to ask when interviewing during the show. ;~)
Leon wrote:

In my best Sean Connery voice:
"The Penis Mightier Than The Sword for 200, Trebeck!"
see http://turningaround.org/104PineLamp.htm
--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas
Marc Art Ransom wrote:

He lost to the co-host of Shprockets so that doesn't spoeak well for woodworkers.