What happened to lumber imports?

You'll find it growing as far east as Iowa and Missouri.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Steve Turner wrote in news:i41gng$a7d$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Pretty common in NE Oklahoma where I grew up.

Reply to
Steve

In rural western NJ, the farmers of old planted them in rows to make a natural fence. Some old farms had a row of them where the property met the road. Around the bases there's always so much scrub brush and sticks growing, that if they are planted close together it make an effective barrier like a fence or hedge.

Reply to
KIMOSABE

We had them along the farm borders in central Illinois, too. I was told they were put there for erosion control after the dust-bowl of the '30s.

Reply to
keithw86