was gonna buy it but shipping was just outrageous...

Page 2 of 3
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 13:02:48 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"

Mike, I was thinking the same thing. While I think it's great that the president of Grizzly does woodworking I'm thinking they are getting a little carried away promoting this one sided view of the world. Not that I have anything against Guitar makers (although they do tend to slice up some pretty nice pieces of wood into something I wouldn't be able to use) but the overwhelming dominance of guitar making references in the latest Grizzly catalog is making me wonder if they aren't becoming a bit too myopic and it will hinder the rest of their product line.
TWS

And for those of you who want heavy metal guitars...
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G5962 http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G0559
You'll probably need one of these too:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G0567

That line is probably quite lucrative and fairly specialized. I'll bet they do a really brisk business in it.
They also put out a Luthier's Catalog. On the current cover is a true monstrosity. Absolutely gorgeous quilted maple painted over with a fake cob web and some spiders.
I should be getting a regular catalog shortly if you already have yours. It takes longer to get them in West BFE.
-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ---- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 09:34:52 -0800, Larry Jaques
<snip>

The new full catalog has the same monstrosity. As you can imagine, *someone* at Grizzly is quite proud of that piece.
TWS
TWS wrote:

Me three. Especially about the spider thing, and several of his other guitars too, for that matter. Sure dude, you can make ugly things all kinds of fancy, but they're still ugly.
I wonder if his shop is bigger than Jay Leno's garage.
On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:02:57 -0500, Silvan

It would have to be to fit this slicer in it...
When you have access to a tools like this I suspect a lot of the fun goes out of the woodworking. What do you think?
TWS
TWS asks:

I doubt I'll ever know for sure.
Charlie Self "One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." George W. Bush
TWS wrote:

I dunno, have you seen Jay Leno's garage? He'd have to move a dozen or two cars out of the way is all.

I imagine so.
On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:51:49 -0500, Silvan

nah... if you could afford tools like that, just think how big your shop would be... same thing as now, just bigger scale.. *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Would I use a 12ga or a 14ga extension cord for that?
Robatoy wrote:

Um. I'm pretty sure you'd have to have a 10 ga. extension cord.
On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 18:53:50 -0500, Silvan

Hey, it's only 30 amps...at 440v.
-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ---- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
FS: 1: 2 arms in fair condition (one hand missing 2 fingers) 2: 2 legs also in fair condition 3: 1 SWMBO Best Offer 4: 1 Car 5: 1 House
Do you need your wood resawn? Come by Wood must be delivered(see #4 above) Wood must be picked up(see #4 above) Must bring electricity(see #5 above) Must be trained on Grizzly Model G0504 Resaw Bandsaw (see #1&2 above) Special discounts for thoes that can cook!
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 04:05:44 -0500, Silvan

I think I could find a bandsaw for my garage that would cost less than the shipping on that one!
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Great machine. I bought one. Saved on shipping by picking it up with my F100 pickup. However it took my neighbor and I to unload it. Sent it back because I got too tired sliding it around in my small shop. W W

Crud. It doesn't come in 1 phase. Oh, and shipping is really expensive. SH - The "good reason not to buy" woodworker
The swmbo said I could get one if it will slice and toast the bagels. Renowood
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 04:05:44 -0500, Silvan

Honda started out with 50 cc motorbikes.
Save your money and buy a Baker.
UA100
I was looking at that myself but SWMBO just wouldn't agree to help me carry it down the basement stairs. (I even offered to let her take the light end, but no go. Sheesh.)
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 04:05:44 -0500, Silvan