was gonna buy it but shipping was just outrageous...

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:51:26 GMT, TWS calmly ranted:

That line is probably quite lucrative and fairly specialized. I'll bet they do a really brisk business in it.

They also put out a Luthier's Catalog. On the current cover is a true monstrosity. Absolutely gorgeous quilted maple painted over with a fake cob web and some spiders.

I should be getting a regular catalog shortly if you already have yours. It takes longer to get them in West BFE.

-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

pickup. However it took my neighbor and I to unload it. Sent it back because I got too tired sliding it around in my small shop. W W

Reply to
Warren Weber

SH - The "good reason not to buy" woodworker

Reply to
Slowhand

LOL! SH

Reply to
Slowhand

The new full catalog has the same monstrosity. As you can imagine,

*someone* at Grizzly is quite proud of that piece.

TWS

Reply to
TWS

Yea, but the extra help to get the 3600 lbs from the truck deck the the shop might cost as much again. Then there's the problem of clearing a space big enough to set the box, let alone assemble the pieces to make it work. And my home made trusses aren't strong enough to lift it out of the way to cut a full sheet on the tablesaw. Not that I have that kind of room now:-) Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

The swmbo said I could get one if it will slice and toast the bagels. Renowood

Reply to
Renowood

Honda started out with 50 cc motorbikes.

Reply to
GregP

Good point. Seems to be true of a lot of woodworking machines; often, if you are making one-offs, seems a lot more time is spend adjusting, setting up and making test cuts with the big machines. One of the things driving me to be a hybrid neander.

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:38:47 +0800, Old Nick vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Oh....that _is_ the shipping......

Reply to
Old Nick

Save your money and buy a Baker.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Published e-mail address is strictly for spam collection. If e-mailing me, please use jc631 at optonline dot net

Reply to
John Carlson

Looking at it, I'd guess one could use it to re-saw 8' x 12' shop buildings.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Reply to
Mark & Juanita

mine asked what other colors it came in.. *rofl*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Um. I'm pretty sure you'd have to have a 10 ga. extension cord.

Reply to
Silvan

Me three. Especially about the spider thing, and several of his other guitars too, for that matter. Sure dude, you can make ugly things all kinds of fancy, but they're still ugly.

I wonder if his shop is bigger than Jay Leno's garage.

Reply to
Silvan

A hybrid neander. I'm going to steal that, so you'd better go file a copyright or patent application or something. :) That's a great way of putting it.

Reply to
Silvan

It would have to be to fit this slicer in it...

When you have access to a tools like this I suspect a lot of the fun goes out of the woodworking. What do you think?

TWS

Reply to
TWS

TWS asks:

I doubt I'll ever know for sure.

Charlie Self "One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." George W. Bush

Reply to
Charlie Self

I dunno, have you seen Jay Leno's garage? He'd have to move a dozen or two cars out of the way is all.

I imagine so.

Reply to
Silvan