Was anyone else ever..ahem.."touched" by their woodshop teachers in junior high?

When I was in junior high, the woodshop teacher was this creepy old guy with a couple fingers half-missing. He smelled kind of like a mix between rotten cabbage and wet sawdust. Anyway, there were multiple times when he held me after class and touched me in VERY inappropriate ways. Just the thought of those weathered stumps of fingers still makes me shiver in revulsion. I am wondering if anyone else here has had similar experiences. I know it is hoping too much to ask if anyone had the exact same teacher, although if any of you are indeed out there, please send me an email so we can discuss it.
Your friend in Christ, Douglas B.
My secondary school woodwork/metalwork teacher was a guy called Sid Porter. He was a real craftsman with a passion for wood. Around 70% of the class had no interest in wood and he had little time for them. However, if any of us showed the slightest spark, nothing was too much trouble for him. Although I've learned a lot in the 40 years since, every day I still apply the lessons that I first learned from Sid. He was the first man I ever heard say "Measure twice, cut once", and I lusted after his Stanley 5C (we students only got the old wooden jack planes).
Sorry your experience wasn't as good.
Cheers
Frank

My shop teacher was a drunk, but he kept his hands to himself. He'd just sneek into his office, down a few gulps, pop some Binaca, and come back out smelling like Binaca flavored Scotch.

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:23:02 GMT, "Frank McVey"

My shop teacher was my favourite teacher out of all of them. That's where i first had a love affair with the wood lathe. i actually liked the metal lather more. But high school only had one and you were always being pressed to finish your project. I now have my own wood lathe but can still remember students loosing projects that came off the lathe in a hurry. I think my all-time favourite shop project was a gun stock for a .22 that i cut out and carved to the right size. I took "shop" for three years and enjoyed every minute. Ken in NS

No but Father Nelson once put a full Nelson on me.
UA100
My shop teacher was Father O'Fondlin.... Need I say more???                     Mark
P.S. Ya,ya,ya, I know I'll burn in Hell for that one.
Doug B wrote:

Mark wrote...

Then, too, there were Gerald Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzgerald.
I don't think the original poster ment this as a joke - take it else where

blabla wrote:

No, I think the original poster was yanking our (actually your) chain. I mean, come on.
UA100

as he waits patiently to set the hook!!! lol skeez
If you don't have a sense of humor - take it elsewhere
blabla wrote:

does a dope slap count?
RPRESHONG wrote:

No, but it hurts if he's wearing a ring. DAMHIKT Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

< snipped-for-privacy@fairfax.com> wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@fairfax.com...
If he got all of his practice using sand paper he ought to be nicknamed stumpy these days.

I went to Catholic school, and that's the first thing that came to my mind! <G>
Barry
My shop teacher was Mr. Laposki. He used to touch a few unruly students in the board room with a special board.
doug snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Doug B) wrote in message

In my plain old waspish upbringing my shop teacher was a cross between James Bond and Ferret-Face; the English teacher was the one with musical cufflinks.
Doug B wrote:

I tried:
=============================Your message was rejected by mx2.mail.yahoo.com for the following reason:
delivery error: dd Sorry your message to doug snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mta218.mail.scd.yahoo.com
The following recipients did not receive this message:
not sure you are posting in the correct newsgroup.
My 8th grade shop teacher wanted me held back a year. I wouldn't work hard enough at the projects to suit him. I wish he could see what kind of work I produce today.
-Dan V.