Was anyone else ever..ahem.."touched" by their woodshop teachers in junior high?

When I was in junior high, the woodshop teacher was this creepy old guy with a couple fingers half-missing. He smelled kind of like a mix between rotten cabbage and wet sawdust. Anyway, there were multiple times when he held me after class and touched me in VERY inappropriate ways. Just the thought of those weathered stumps of fingers still makes me shiver in revulsion. I am wondering if anyone else here has had similar experiences. I know it is hoping too much to ask if anyone had the exact same teacher, although if any of you are indeed out there, please send me an email so we can discuss it.

Your friend in Christ, Douglas B.

Reply to
Doug B

My secondary school woodwork/metalwork teacher was a guy called Sid Porter. He was a real craftsman with a passion for wood. Around 70% of the class had no interest in wood and he had little time for them. However, if any of us showed the slightest spark, nothing was too much trouble for him. Although I've learned a lot in the 40 years since, every day I still apply the lessons that I first learned from Sid. He was the first man I ever heard say "Measure twice, cut once", and I lusted after his Stanley 5C (we students only got the old wooden jack planes).

Sorry your experience wasn't as good.

Cheers

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey

No but Father Nelson once put a full Nelson on me.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

My shop teacher was a drunk, but he kept his hands to himself. He'd just sneek into his office, down a few gulps, pop some Binaca, and come back out smelling like Binaca flavored Scotch.

Reply to
Bestest Handsander

My shop teacher was Father O'Fondlin.... Need I say more??? Mark

P.S. Ya,ya,ya, I know I'll burn > When I was in junior high, the woodshop teacher was this creepy old

Reply to
Mark

Then, too, there were Gerald Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzgerald.

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Reply to
blabla

No, I think the original poster was yanking our (actually your) chain. I mean, come on.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I went to Catholic school, and that's the first thing that came to my mind!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

as he waits patiently to set the hook!!! lol skeez

Reply to
skeezics

My shop teacher was Mr. Laposki. He used to touch a few unruly students in the board room with a special board.

Reply to
Bigpole

In my plain old waspish upbringing my shop teacher was a cross between James Bond and Ferret-Face; the English teacher was the one with musical cufflinks.

Reply to
BUB 209

I tried:

============================== Your message was rejected by mx2.mail.yahoo.com for the following reason:

delivery error: dd Sorry your message to doug snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mta218.mail.scd.yahoo.com

The following recipients did not receive this message:

==============================

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Reply to
Mark

not sure you are posting in the correct newsgroup.

My 8th grade shop teacher wanted me held back a year. I wouldn't work hard enough at the projects to suit him. I wish he could see what kind of work I produce today.

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

does a dope slap count?

Reply to
RPRESHONG

My shop teacher was my favourite teacher out of all of them. That's where i first had a love affair with the wood lathe. i actually liked the metal lather more. But high school only had one and you were always being pressed to finish your project. I now have my own wood lathe but can still remember students loosing projects that came off the lathe in a hurry. I think my all-time favourite shop project was a gun stock for a .22 that i cut out and carved to the right size. I took "shop" for three years and enjoyed every minute. Ken in NS

Reply to
ken

No, but it hurts if he's wearing a ring. DAMHIKT Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

My best friend and I were taking shop in our freshman year of high school. My buddy was sanding a dowel rod, a piece of sand paper wrapped in his hand stroking the rod in an up and down motion. The shop teacher walked up and watched him for a few moments and commented, " Gee Glenn, I see you've had a lot of practice at that."

Needless to say that 'Glenn's' face turned bright red as he denied the suggestion.

Reply to
KYHighlander

If he got all of his practice using sand paper he ought to be nicknamed stumpy these days.

Reply to
TexasFireGuy