Warm Shop Shoes

Page 3 of 3
I've got about the same situation as you do, but I DO work on a fatigue mat, and my feet still get cold.
I gave myself an early christmas present from LL Bean of
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=43333&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&feat=45102-ppxs&dds=y
Snow Sneakers! $60 and free shipping. I looked around at the usual places, farm and hunting stores, and couldn't find anything better/ cheaper.
I love 'em. They aren't too much bulkier than normal shoes, and my tooties stay toasty.
Also, I found that if I dress myself warmly around the upper body, my feet and hands stay warmer. When the trunk gets cold, the body reduces circulation to the extremities, and hoards the heat for the middle. On that note, a stocking cap keeps my feet warm. Interesting mental picture, right?
Old Guy Who won't work in his shop cause its 5 degrees there.

Old Guy wrote:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryIdC333&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&featE102-ppxs&dds=y
Yup, when my feet are cold, put on a hat!
Harvey
Forgot to say that the LLBean shoes have a model with velcro closures.
Old Guy

Old Guy wrote:

Yeah, really nice looking and exactly what I want. 12 EE would be nice but naturally, since these seem to perfectly meet my needs:
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryIdE102&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&featC333-ppxs&dds=y
...they only have size 13 and above... Still, a really nice looking shoe at a good price.

--
Jack
Old Guy wrote:

Which is nice when you're fingers won't work without gloves on. :-)
--

-MIKE-