Warm Fuzzy - I Have Glass

Kate, I shan't need to take advantage of you. For your kind offer of glass that is. But thank you muchly.

Finally remembered to stop by the local glass and mirror emporium to ask if hey had any scrap plate glass available. The guy said they'd just duped a whole load of it, and what did I want some for, and h ow large. So, I told him abour 4" or so wide and 10-12" or so long, and another maybe around 12"X12". So the guy sent me to the back and tell they guys back there he had sent me, and to ask if they had any scrap glass.

Bottom line, the guys found a nice chunk of glass, cut it, founded off the edges, and then wrapped some plastic wrap around it. Wound up with two pieces approx 5"X16" - my future Scary Sharp (TM) system - and one piece approx 15"X16" - my future light box. Total monetary outlay, zip. Very nice warm fuzzy.

Oh yeah, Kate, I'll probably still be using the belt sander (fine grit) for sharpening my carving chisels. LOL

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President

- Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - just not Hillary.

Reply to
J T

Glad to hear that you got some glass. Great service for the price too!

Well, I'll have to set p my own Scarey Sharp system someday.

Use that belt sander twice, once for me too... ya nut.

K.

[...]

Kate

Tue, Jan 22, 2008, 5:58pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@behindyourears.selby.ws (Kate) doth sayeth: Well, I'll have to set p my own Scarey Sharp system someday. Use that belt sander twice, once for me too... ya nut.

I figure it'll take about 2 days to set up a Scary Sharp (TM) system. That's allowing for glue dry time. The rest of it should only take about 15 minutes, or less.

When I get around to getting a suitable brush for pinstriping - that's so I can start pinstriping the tools, I'll put your name on the belt sander. Hehehehe