Visual Effect of Crown Molding

I have a long, narrow bathroom (vanity, toilet, shower stall in a series). It is kind of plain so I thought I would put up some small bed molding as crown molding.
Would the effect be to enlarge or shrink the room? Pull the ceiling down or raise it? I would go with neutral wall colors, white trim, and white ceiling.
I won't do it if it will have an odd visual effect.
FWIW, I put crown standard 3+ inch crown moulding in a small (6x8) bath and it looks great. I would say that it did not make it look "smaller" in any way.
Lou

Hi Buck, From a female's point ov view, it sounds a little cold. I just think the crown alone wouldn't change much. If you want to change the feeling of having the long bathroom, you could try breaking up the walls with some chair rail and either some wallpaper or paint that will take away from plain walls. If you're just thinking of a few touches to spruce things up, concider using a border or stenciling below the crown and painting the crown a complimentary color of whichever you do. Maybe I'm going a little over what you're thinking but you can find great deals at the wallpaper stores in the bargain bins, especially since you're not doing a huge room. All you need is a free afternoon to get it done! Good luck!