Virutex edge banding trimmer works like a champ! - A thank you

Just tried out the AU93 Virutex edge band trimmer and to my delight it works flawlessly. That's gonna save me a ton of time, plus the results are great. Thanks to all who suggested that I get one.

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I find it works fine as long as you keep the edges REAL sharp. When dull, you can snag some grain on wood-tape, especially oak. With wood tape, I use a 1 1/4 inch chisel with a tiny micro-bevel honed onto the back of the edge. When keeping an eye (either) on the grain direction, I find I get better results with the chisel.

Are you applying the egdebanding tape by hand?

Rob (remove PO from my addy)

Reply to
Robbie

Yes, I use the iron-on tapes. They are pretty thin (sigh). Wish I had an edgebander, but doubt that'll happen in this lifetime.

dave

Robbie wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave