Video of My Router Table

This has the Harbor Freight fence and the base is from a store-bought sheet metal router table, that I've had for years. I took the cheap aluminum top off and put on a plywood box top, with a melamine top ply. Other goodies and features. All of it for dirt cheap, too. Works very nicely.

-MIKE-

Nice table, Mike. I love to see how other people put together their workstations - it always gives me some ideas for my own use. Thanks for putting it out there.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Pretty cool, Mike. I think you tipped me to the HF fence, which I also bought. My table isn't quite as elegant as yours, but pretty functional nonetheless. Where did you source the hold-downs?

Larry

-MIKE- wrote:

Reply to
TD Driver

Thanks, Jay. I've always been more of a function over form guy when it comes to tools, which is obvious by looking at some of my stuff. :-) Couple that with the pack-rat in me and it makes for a lot of recycling of parts.

When I bought the table package from which that base came, I was in a situation where I needed a router table, yesterday. I never wanted to buy it, and always intended on making my own cabinet base. I'm please with the compromise.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Thanks, Larry. How are you enjoying the HF fence?

The feather boards came from Rockler. I always look for when they have the safety sets on sale for 50% off.... then I try to get a free shipping coupon to make it even better. I don't see this exact set on their site, but they have others. They've gone up in price, of course. When I got them, I think it was 15 bucks for the set, free shipping.

The UHMW plastic fence pieces came from woodline.com Their warehouse is actually a couple exits down the interstate, so I go there personally. Last time, when I was picking up some T-Track, they just started throwing extra stuff in my bag, and those fence extensions were parts of it. Nice people.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I agree! I like mine better - except that I don't have the convenience of a hinged top :(

Yeah, you definitely suck.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Good stuff. Nice approach using video rather than stills

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Anymore, it's just easier. I suppose if someone's still on a slow computer with dialup, they're SOL. But them again, I'm not the wood whisperer. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

On 5/23/2009 3:12 PM Mark & Juanita spake thus:

Ackshooly, for my money[1], I'd rather have pictures. I'm on dialup.

[1] $0.00, I know.
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

LOL! See my other post. :-)

I'll take some pics, David, just for the bandwidth impaired.

Reply to
-MIKE-