Veritas steel straight edge:

Page 1 of 3
If you have one, please comment on it's accuracy.
Everything Veritas has ALWAYS been above average in accuracy, precision and workmanship. They appear to take extra care when it's their own brand.
I have one and it's as flat as they say it is.
--
Rumpty

Thanks, Rumpty. David
Rumpty wrote:

David -
I have the steel one - works wonders! Far more accurate than I am, tho' sometimes that's not saying much. I only wish they had a 36" one as well.
John

John, weld 2 of those babies together for a 4 footer. :)
David
John Moorhead wrote:

Make sure to do that end to end and not face to face.
Make sure to do that end to end and not face to face.

Hi John -
We have a 38" and a 50" (both in Aluminum) coming in the January supplement...
Cheers -
Rob
Robin, Is it extruded or solid I-beam type? Does it have hardened edges? If so, put me down for one of the 50"
Dave

The 24" aluminum one now is like .005 vs the .001 for the steel

the steel is .001 (or .002) on both edges, the alum is one edge only
not that it really matters, but my thinking is if both edges are flat it's been better machined --and-- if one ever goes out, the other might be good

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:01:29 -0700, nospam_coloradotrout wrote:

Clever thought, dude. Put a coupla layers of duct tape over one edge when it comes out of the box...
Or, getting silly, rip it lengthwise and have a twofer.
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com

Hi -
It's the same extrusion as our current one - also a milled edge.
We claim straight to within .003" over the length of all sizes in aluminum. Our first batch of aluminum straightedges was straight to within about .001" though...of course - we're not going guarantee that....
Cheers -
Rob
calmly ranted:

Especially after UPS and FedEx get through with 'em, eh?
========================================================= CAUTION: Do not use remaining fingers as pushsticks! ========================================================= http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Robin Lee wrote:

This is good news. I've been awaiting the re-emergence of the longer straight edge.
UA100
Unisaw A100 wrote:

How accurate are machinist parallels? Can they be used to accurately true up table saws and jointers? What exactly do machinists use them for?
Eric T

How ok are you with non-Euclidian space? :)
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 08:26:59 -0500, Robin Lee wrote:

OH NO! I already left the last supplement, with the 24" heavily highlighted, on the kitchen table for "Santa" to see...
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com
Any pricing info, Robin? (I'm sure someone in Canada will complain about the unfair pricing...) :
David