Veneer 3/8" radius w/ paper-backed ash?

Is this possible bending with the grain? Any tips? I've veneered flat surfaces in the past using contact cement (EvoStick -- the stuff with the lovely fumes) with some success but wonder if I need to steam it or whether this would play havoc with the paper backing?
Thanks,
Thomas Hood
curried snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Never done it but sounds doable. Especially if you dampen the wood. Especially especially if you dampen with a glycerin solution.