Varnish storage...

Page 2 of 2

B a r r y <>>

Commonly done by wine makers to eliminate the air gap at the top of a carboy. Works well. Ed
Add pictures here
✖

. Perhaps had you thought you would have realized that if there is less "atmosphere" less of the varnish can evaporate into the "atmosphere" and the curing process in the can will be retarded.
Add pictures here
✖

Ahem, Leon, the accepted term these days is "challenged" - or, if you must, "handicapped".
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

That too. Damn, it's so hard to keep up.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
✖

Crippled by the frequent terminology changes, are you?
Add pictures here
✖

Well his comment was so stupid, I have to believe that he was trolling. Either way, he plonked me several weeks ago because I refuse to go by his rules when he slips in and out of wanting to be the net nanny on this group.
Add pictures here
✖
Thu, Mar 3, 2005, 9:56am bkr1 snipped-for-privacy@nospam.yahoo.com (bkr) mumbles: <snip> I have a couple of different cans of varnish that I opened and dispensed into smaller containers for use. <snip>
You don't say if these are different "types", or brands, of varnish, or simply more than one kind of the same type and brand. If they're all te same, doesn't make sense. And, if they're all different, then apparently, you're not using it fast enough.
Very basic, waste not, want not. Buy smaller cans, no larger than you'll use before it gets unusable for you. And, don't open them until you're ready to start using the contents, or buy a new can each time.
✖