Upset with Porter Cable/Delta !!

Page 3 of 3

I have a friend that bought a PC cordless drill. Parts fell out of it also... He went back to Craftsman. LOL
I did however buy another PC Speed Bloc last week, my old one pooped out after only 16 years.
"evodawg" wrote:

Was that the factory PC service center in Ontario or somebody in L/A?
>I was

Doesn't take much huh? <G>
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

It used to be in Ontario right off Miliken but now has moved to Riverside and the name is now Black and Decker
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Pentair was selling off all the tool line from there company. The Pentair Tool Group includes Delta, Porter-Cable, DeVilbiss Air Power, Oldham Saws, and Flex Tools Black and Decker already owns Dewalt line. B&D also owns Emhart fasteners, Price Pfister, and Kwikset.
The news release of July 2004: The Corporation also announced that it has signed an agreement to purchase the Tools Group from Pentair, Inc. (NYSE: PNR) for approximately $775 million in cash. The Tools Group, with 2003 sales of $1.08 billion and operating profit of $82 million, includes the Porter-Cable, Delta, DeVilbiss Air Power, Oldham Saw, and FLEX businesses.
Under the first contract with B&D, Dewalts engineering division would be retained to continue providing the quality Dewalt had engineered in their products. We can only hope that the same would go for the Pentair Tool Group.
The days of relying on brand names to judge quality (of any kind of goods) is long gone. Brand names are bought and sold every day. Get to know the guys at your local rental center... they'll tell you in a hurry what's crap and what isn't. Tom