Unisaws...Are the Old Ones "Better" than the New Ones?

Isn't is a serious violation of usenet tradition to attempt to redirect a thread back to the original point? :-)

PDX David

Reply to
Jane & David

Too_Many_Tools

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

If you can buy an older, clean Unisaw, and save several bucks, why would you not?

Assuming you need one, of course.

As someone else said, the tool hasn't changed substantially over the decades, except to get easier to manufacture, deliver and sell to a fairly static price point. Except for the left tilt option, there have been few substantial changes. And some would argue whether that was substantial.

Go buy your saw, and make something memorable!

Patriarch, MBA & woodworker, too

Reply to
Patriarch

LOL ... MBA 101: Effective use of technology.

Any time you're down this way let me know you're coming and you can make up your own mind about the end result of that particular "effective use of technology". :)

Reply to
Swingman

True...in fact I would pose the question..."Why buy a new Unisaw when there are used ones available?"

TMT

Patriarch wrote:

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I talked to that point when I answered this to begin with.

For some folks, the costs, and risks, of buying used are not equal.

IF there were a low risk, reasonable cost source of used gear, then many more folks would use it. Not every one is retired, with lots of tire- kicking time, and unlimited resources to use, in order to buy experienced gear. And some, many, live in old tool hell, or so they like to imagine.

The ability to buy a solid, clean, new tool, from a trusted dealer, at a fair price, is an option that many, including me, have taken. It's easier. quicker, and, from a time perspective, cheaper by far.

But life differs for everyone. That's why there are so many choices out there.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I bought a General 650.