Turp vs. Thinner for Varnish?

Any thoughts on the relative merits of turpentine versus paint thinnner for thinning a mixture of Tung Oil and Varnish? (Application is to new maple kitchen cabinets).
Thanks.
Joe

Between the two, I prefer the turpentine - as long as I'm going to use a slow evaporating agent, I like the smell of turps better. You might consider using VMP Naptha for a faster evaporating thinner - which is what I go with 95% of the time. Faster thinner evap may lessen the dust nibs.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
: Any thoughts on the relative merits of turpentine versus paint thinnner for : thinning a mixture of Tung Oil and Varnish? (Application is to new maple : kitchen cabinets).
I once compared tung oil cut with the two, and it seemed that the mix with turpentine (the real stuff) built to a sheen much fastere than the stuff cut with mineral spirits. I've heard the same from a couple of other people.
    -- Andy Barss
Thanks for the great advice! Turps it is.
Joe