TS maintenance

Got a new Ryobi TS with a cast aluminum table. What kind of spray or rub coating should I use to keep the surface slick so stock glides through (almost) effortlessly. Someone said Pledge or similar but I kinda doubt that.
FoggyTown
On 10 Nov 2006 03:46:39 -0800, "FoggyTown"

Paste wax works good for cast-iron tops. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work just as well with Aluminum.
Can't see the Pledge doing much good, though.
FoggyTown wrote:

I have a Craftsman TS that has aluminum tables. I really like Topcote. Spray it on, let it set for a minute, then buff off. Stock slides over the tables _very_ easily.
Mike
Hi FoggyTown:
I use Johnson's paste wax. It's cheap, effective, available everywhere, won't interfere with subsequent wood finishing and is easily renewed.
Regards, John.
I use the Johnson Past Wax also, works great, makes things slide that were being difficult before applying wax such as table saw sleds.

I'll third the Johnson's, it's fast, easy, doesn't leave a residue on the wood and it lasts for a reasonable amount of time before you have to reapply. One can lasts a long, long time.
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 03:46:39 -0800, FoggyTown wrote:

I use walnut oil on a lot of my turnings and do the oiling over the TS top.
Hey, I was gonna get drops somewhere ... might as well be where I can use 'em. ;-)
Bill
I don't know if Pledge has silicone in it but it's likely. Silicone contamination will ruin your final finishing efforts. So, don't use any products with silicone (a common ingredient in aerosol furniture polishes). Best stick with the paste wax or that "TopCote" stuff made for woodworking machinery.
Ed Bennett snipped-for-privacy@ts-aligner.com http://www.ts-aligner.com
FoggyTown wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@ts-aligner.com wrote:

According to the MSDS "Pledge" contains Polydimethylsiloxanes (Silicon oil)
http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/brands?tbl=brands&id 001015
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA