triton router accecories

I recently bought the 3 1/2 hp router for a router table. I cant seem to find the "above the table adjustment tool" anywhere.... does any body know of a place where to buy this and other triton accecories?
On 20/02/2007 1:59 PM, splinter wrote:

I thought the above-table adjustment was only on the smaller Triton model.
confirmed...above table adjustment is only on the 2 1/2HP model. I own both models.
K.

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:40:21 -0500, "Kevin B"

It works fine on my 3 1/2 hp model. Maybe read the instructions again. You are missing something. Are you sure the safety cover on the switch is closed?

******
eat the samoosa to reply

Where did you buy the router? Have you contacted them yet? Have you checked Triton's website? They list a number for the USA/ Canada Customer Service Hotline: 1-888-TRITON1 [874-8661] .

It is not an accessory it is a function of the machine. Works like a dream. If you cannot figure it out read the instructions and start from basics. It is there. Are you sure the safety cover on the switch is closed?
******
eat the samoosa to reply

My Triton 3.5 does not have an ABOVE adjustment, only below.
On 21/02/2007 10:13 AM, Leon wrote:

I wonder if Phil is referring to the ability to change the bit above the table, as opposed to the through-the-table winder available on the smaller one.
after checking their website the "through table winder" is an option only for the 2 1/2 hp model....Doug and kevin win the prize....thanks for the help.

A hint here, mount the router so that the fine tune knob is on the front right side when mounted in the table. The coarse knob will be on the right side also.
This leaves the speed control on the back side but you can get around that with a mirror. The switch will be on the left back side which is not a problem either once you get the feel of the door and switch.

You aren't missing anything. I have the smaller one and never use the winder. You gotta reach under to lock/unlock the lock lever anyway, may as well adjust the height while you're at it.
-Leuf
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:20:20 -0500, Doug Payne

Been away so hence the delay in replying. I misunderstood the original post. Doug got it right. Sorry for the confusion and misinformation.
******
eat the samoosa to reply