Tried Carbide Handsaw?

I always thought it would be a good idea to have a long-life carbide tooth hand saw for pruning limbs, and cutting hard boards with nails, and sure enough I found several models using Google. Anyone have experience with these, and if so, for what uses? They are Danish, and offered by www.danishtoolshop.com in various sizes, some for stone/masonry only, some for wood and masonry, and range from $30 to $100 or so.
Roger asks:

Seems like a lot of money to pay for a saw that is going to chip teeth, and going to give a really rough cut. Unless someone has discovered something new, carbide is a brittle material, so sudden shocks, such as hitting a nail, are going to create problems.
Charlie Self
"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. " Ronald Reagan
"Roger" wrote in message

The experience I have with Danish is for breakfast. Very tasty if they're not stale.
Don G. wrote:

They taste like chicken, I hear.
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 06:04:09 GMT, "Roger"

What you are looking at are called "reciprocating saws" or sometimes a "sawzall" - the name Milwaukee gave theirs.

There are very good for remodeling (as in cutting out "stuff"). They are also OK for metal cutting as long as precision is not required. It's usually a tool for taking stuff apart, not building new stuff. You can also do tree trimming with the right blade.

These folks have a lot of different tools and blades on that page, don't mix it up. I've never seen anyone use a masonry blade in a recip but maybe you can order a few and let us know how it works.