Tools for sale in Hudson, FL

My family is selling the woodworking tools used by my father during his long career as a cabinetmaker. I am hoping that there might be some interest among the subscribers to this group.
You can view a web page documenting the available power tools at http://s90032576.onlinehome.us/dads_tools/index.html .
"Verizon" wrote in message

You may have better luck if you advertise the "planer" as the "jointer" that it is.
Nice collection of planes, though ... hope someone in the family knows more/enough about tools to use and appreciate them.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/31/05

Thanks Jim & Swingman for the corrections.

Verizon wrote:

While you're at it, the Radial Arm Saw "Appears" to be a 10" DeWalt. I'm guessing that you measured the length of the arm to come up with 18". RAS size is determined by the blade diameter.
FWIW, I saw a similar saw though appearing to be in better condition sit idle at an estate sale three weeks ago. They were asking $50 for it and included a load of blades (mostly crap but one or two carbide tipped). It went for $25 on the second day when they halved the prices of the remaining items.
On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:32:56 GMT, Unquestionably Confused

Great minds...
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

I feel bad for nit-picking the guy, but there's two "Hudson"s in Florida. I'm guessing he's meaning the one north of Clearwater, not the one in the Panhandle. Makes about a 6hr difference, if anyone was thinking of driving over to pickup any of the big stuff.
John
On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 20:26:27 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy

Ha, ha. I found that, too, when I went to my mapping program. The one in the panhandle looks to be more of a wide spot in the road, than anything. There're two Bolivars in NY, too. Probably find a lot of duplication in various states. Thank goodness for zipcodes, eh?
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Might be a mini-mart, there, I don't recall. I don't go thru that part of the state very often.

Before the advent of zip codes, the post office tried very hard to ensure that no two towns had the same name, even in different states (especially if the state abbreviations were easily confused, like Cal and Col). It's likely that the panhandle Hudson never had a post office, mail probably was (and is) addressed to Ponce De Leon or Caryville.
John

Also, the DeWalt radial arm saw isn't an 18"er. Don't even know if they made 'em that big. Measure the diameter of the blade on the saw. It's more likely a 9 or 10" saw. I suspect you measured the length of the arm. An actual model number would help.
You might also mention the brand/model numbers of the lathes.
There's hardly anything sadder than cleaning out the shop of someone who enjoyed working in it. My brother and I had to do that with our dad's shop, and then I had to do it again with my brother's.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Thanks for the responses and questions. The tool web pages have been updated with more info and a lathe page has been added, but to summarize: - The location is Hudson, FL 33767, about 1 hour north of Clearwater - Jointer blade is 6-inches wide - Shaper shaft is 1/2-inch diameter - Radial arm saw installed blade diameter is 8-inches, Dewalt Model #925, m/l #264

Verizon wrote:

Okay, that should be a 9" RAS dating back to the late 50's.
My family is selling the woodworking tools used by my father during his long career as a cabinetmaker.
The tools will be available for inspection & purchase on 9/10 and 9/11 from 8am to 3pm at 7607 New York Ave, Hudson, FL 34667.
Photos of some of the tools and a link to a mapquest map to the site are available at http://s90032576.onlinehome.us/dads_tools/index.html .