Today is the USMC Birthday

At a place called Tun Tavern in Philadelphia, PA exactly 228 years ago, Uncle Sam and the devil got drunk and came up with the (now) United States Marine Corps.
Deemed America's finest fighting force, the United States Marine Corps has a reputation for honor and valor that is unmatched the world over.
Blah, blah, blah.
Seriously, today is the Marine Corps birthday. Go to your local Tun Tavern and buy a devil dog a beer.
Semper Fi,
-Phil Crow
P.S. No offense to you (shudder) Army, Navy and Air Force types.
"Phil Crow" wrote

I think you mean doggies, squids, and airdales.
Sammy wrote:

USMC: Hoo-yah Army: Hoo-yah Navy: Hoo-yah USAF: Next slide, please
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@BARFcarolina.rr.com
'Mort' Ever change a Radar RT {about the size of a beer keg; in the nose wheel-well of a C-130} holding a flashlight in your mouth, because the only other light was from the parachute flares and you are about 50 yards from the 'Bomb Dump' ? And that constant rumble ISN'T thunder.
Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {ex-USAF - Sergeant}
{PS: Do you actually look like the Edgar Bergen puppet ?}
SNIP>

Ron Magen wrote:

Hell, no. I was a pilot before I was a nurse.

Certainly not. I look like Ah-nold Scwarzennegger. Would I lie to you?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@BARFcarolina.rr.com
Sammy wrote:

I got your squid.......<G>.....
Phil Crow writes:

And Semper fi from here.
Charlie Self
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." Sir Winston Churchill
Never had the honor to serve, but thank God for those who have and who do so now.
Phil Crow wrote:

Happy Birthday and Thanks to all of them for standing their watch.
Phil Crow wrote:

None taken.
If I could do it again I would do different.
(Wool Gathering ........ )
But what the hell, today's My day too.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
OHH-RAHH!! Pull one for Chesty while you're at it.