To My Friends In South Texas This Evening

Page 8 of 10
With the tons (yes tons) of water and rock that falls upon the earth every year the size and mass increases. This alters our orbit.
When the great planets align that tugs on earth and shifts orbit. When they are near the sun it can be in the wrong direction!
Martin
CW wrote:

jo4hn wrote:

You really must have your head buried deeply in the sand!
Refereed scientific papers indeed....
It was bullshit before the "scientists" were caught with their pants down, and it's bullshit now...
--
Jack
Got Change: Global Warming =====> Global Fraud!

Are you citing the Nasa site as a totally political arm of the Chicken Littles, or are you thinking, naively, that it is not?
-- Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost. -- Thomas J. Watson
On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 07:42:39 GMT, the infamous Bob Martin

What you're failing to see is that as one glacier recedes here, another grows somewhere else on this planet. Please look into it and stop overreacting. What you see locally isn't "global".
-- Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost. -- Thomas J. Watson

I'm failing to see? ROFL Glaciers are retreating in North America, South America, the Alps, the Himalayas, Africa, Greenland, West Antarctica and New Zealand. Name one glacier that is growing. Your idea of global is different to mine.

How about a BUNCH?
[NEW YORK , May 5 (UPI) -- U.S. scientists say that while the majority of the world's glaciers are retreating as the planet becomes warmer, glaciers south of the equator are growing.
The researchers at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory said they discovered glaciers in South America and New Zealand are inching forward, pointing to strong regional variations in climate.]
<http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2009/05/05/Glacier-growth-differs-between-hemispheres/UPI-70561241550410/

Even that article says "U.S. scientists say that while the majority of the world's glaciers are retreating as the planet becomes warmer ..." thus contradicting Larry, but http://www.global-greenhouse-warming.com/Chacaltaya-glacier-in-Bolivia.html and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Josef_Glacier#Growth_and_retreat say that you are cherry-picking. Individual glaciers, like Franz Josef in NZ, may grow because of local weather conditions, but the fact remains that the majority are shrinking fast.
It might be the tilt of the Earth and the fact that the Sun is getting hotter for some strange reason. Snow and ice is vaporizing off other planets as well. Something is up in the Solar System we don't know about yet.
Martin
LDosser wrote:

<http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2009/05/05/Glacier-growth-differs-between-hemispheres/UPI-70561241550410/

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

Last I heard the sun was getting cooler. Then again, big Al apparently hasn't addressed that issue yet, so we have no scientific leadership in that regard.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Bloody 'ell! I'm sure glad I swallowed that sip of coffee just before reading your post, Swingy. Bwahahahaha!
Something WeeGee said a couple weeks ago kept eating at me. He said "Al Gore is totally irrelevant." While I wanted to agree with him, I kept thinking "Well, he is to us, but he's still getting far too many world headlines, being awarded (what used to be) prestigious awards, and raking in tons of money for the bullshit he spews, even though he doesn't _live_ the lifestyle he preaches. He should be shunned but he isn't, he's practically -worshiped- globally. It's ghastly."
Prayer for Algore: May your karma rise up to meet you, and soon.
-- To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive. -- Robert Louis Stevenson
On 12/10/2009 8:57 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

You're being very disrespectful. He does have a Nobel Peace Price, you know, and that's verrrrrrrrry hard to get these days ... ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /
"Tim Daneliuk" wrote

Isn't that the Politically Correct Prize?
On 12/10/2009 9:22 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

I've no idea, I just hope Peace Prize Boyz I-III (Carter, Gore, Obama) all enjoyed the Crackerjacks that enclosed their prize...
Larry Jaques wrote:

Hehe ... it's about true, Bubba! :)

How was that old raconteur, WeeGee, doing? Saw where y'all had gotten together. Good food and good wine involved, no doubt ...
Haven't checked ... did he get his drive shaft/u-joint fixed? Have he and Marilyn met up yet. Suspense, suspense!
Inquiring minds ... stay tuned.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Good food and no wine. I'm an ex-drunk with 24-1/2 years of sobriety and other than his stash in the camper, no alky comes here, ever.

Marilyn may have Christmas alone. (He's gonna be real late if things keep going like they have.) I haven't seen his update today, hold one.........OK, it looks as if he's siphoning the vineyards in Morelia still, or maybe he's found a winery in Mexico City. No update available since Monday, but I'm sure he found a u-joint, as Mexico is full of other Chebby lovers, especially pickup drivers.
It looks like he's about halfway through his Mexico drive, at least until they head south to Central America.
As I told him, I'm mighty glad he's not driving a jacked-up, tricked- out, shiny, brand new pickup. He'd have lost it by now, I'll bet. In the old beater, he's experiencing the friendly natives instead. This is a good thing. I've been as far south as Purerto Vallarta, and the Mexican people there are very friendly and nice; just great people.
I wish 'em luck!
-- To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive. -- Robert Louis Stevenson
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:20:57 -0600, the infamous Swingman

Aw, shit. I just checked the morelia, michoacan weather and it's 72F right now, at 5:41pm Thursday. It's beautiful, the lucky sap. ;(
-- To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive. -- Robert Louis Stevenson

A fact that they conveniently forget to mention.
On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 07:35:37 GMT, the infamous Bob Martin

Africa? You're referring to the snows of Kilimanjaro?

Antarctica, Alaska, Norway, the Himalayas, the Alps, Washington state http://www.google.com/search?q=glaciers+growing+again Three million seven hundred and thirty hits. Pay attention this time, and perhaps buy a new Bullshit Detector. You are obviously missing key concepts if you still believe in The Anointed One (O), the Tooth Fairy, Algore, Santa Claus, Anthropogenic Global Warming(kumbaya), etc.

I confine mine concept of global to the Earth as a whole. You don't seem to recognize that the nature of the Earth (Gaia/Mother Nature if you simply must have a fairy name) has decided this, too, that when she takes ice from one spot, she puts it in another, keeping a balance on the globe as a whole. This changes daily, so keep up, eh?
Googlectually Yours, LJ
-- To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive. -- Robert Louis Stevenson
On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 11:47:13 -0600, the infamous Swingman

HEY WEEGEE! READ THIS ONE ABOVE, please. I just finished the Exec Summary and am starting on the main text, but it's telling.

Amen to that. While I support the effort to reduce mankind's footpring on Earth, I'm totally against going ahead with -any- action based on faulty data.
-- Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost. -- Thomas J. Watson
Bob Martin wrote:
... snip

Umm, no. While it is true that single incidence of weather is not climate, a decade of cooling temperatures does indicate that cooling, not warming is occurring.

You realize that the report you are linking to relies heavily upon the results generated by the CRU -- the entity currently under scrutiny. i.e., it is very difficult to take a report seriously after reading the leaked CRU software README file and software comments.

Really? When the coder himself writes a comment to the effect of "Well, I can't make this work, but I can just make it up, so I did."? That doesn't give you just a tiny bit of question?
Having spent time reading that file and some of the software source code, it is apparent that scam is a kind word for what these people were doing. The so-called tree-ring record was based upon THREE ring samples that supported the theory while the other samples were ignored.
I'm not a climatologist, but I am an engineer who has spent 20+ years of my career working in the modeling and simulation of complex systems in real- world environment. Having read the pedigree and issues with the code from the CRU group, I wouldn't trust launching a test system for a system costing only a few hundred $k to a few $M based upon model results, let alone use that code and models to make decisions that will literally have TRILLIONS of $ of impact and impact the freedom of just about every person in every developed country.
Hint: Just because a few PhD's stand around and say, "Trust us, we know what we are talking about and here are our graphs" is NOT a good reason to destroy the economies of the free world.

Why rely on the BBC? Why not look at the files, e-mails, and README file yourself? Forget the e-mails, while they are damning enough in showing that the only papers accepted for peer review were those that supported the pre- determined results, the software and accompanying README file is the most damning.

Rob Leatham