To My Friends In South Texas This Evening

Page 7 of 10
Mark & Juanita wrote:

jo4hn wrote:

No, he is resorting to Reality.
jo4hn wrote:

Snottiness? Me? Nope. The warmists? Definitely. Read the frickin' e- mails. They contain some of the most petty and base comments that demonstrate more adherence to orthodoxy than devotion to science. They show a clear and devoted grasp to a pet theory and the determination to make sure that nothing which casts any aspersions on that theory will be granted a hearing in a "peer-reviewed" journal. That's not science.

Rob Leatham
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Not only, but in 1,100 emails there is not a hint of humor, no sly comments, not even a joke.
One person reported that "... these climate scientists are the most humorless scolds the earth has ever seen. At one seminar a speaker reported that 'The National Association of Homebuilders is a bigger threat to civiliztion than even the NRA.' During the question and answer period I asked: 'I understand how you can feel that way about homebuilders, but what do you have against the NRA?' The humor went right above his head."
HeyBub wrote:

On another board I made a comment about "professional do-gooders" and got two responses, one of them running to two pages, about how horrible I was for using such offensive language and trying to politicize the discussion (which was of why a character in a TV series couldn't do simple algebra).

I couldn't agree more. Especially with the truth hiding in plain sight.

Well...
Karl... I wanted to stay out of this. But actually, blaming Canada earlier was just a smoke screen on the real truth.
I didn't want to post the REAL truth, since (thinking of Jack Nicholson here) many couldn't handle the truth. Well, here it is. And it's been out there for many years, and NO ONE, no matter how they internet search and quote, can disprove it.
In that vein, since >> I << believe it and it can't be googled away with foamy blather, doesn't that make it the truth according to the group definition?
I didn't want to play this card as the "experts" are obviously not finished. But...
http://www.michaelcrichton.net/speech-alienscauseglobalwarming.html
I hope this clears things up. Now all of you can go back to being friends again.... or can you....
Robert
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

But Robert, Robert, it's true!!
I see them every day, even on TV. I tell Linda I can spot'em a mile away. Their eyes are close together, on either side of big noses; and you can see all their front teeth, with even the whisp of a smile. Sorta like the ballon boys father, or Jerry Seinfeld!
I tell ... it's true!!!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

HAH!
I knew it wasn't just me. I see them, too.
But the ones that really trouble me are the ones that come in the quiet of the night. They wait until I have a few bourbons under my belt, a good cigar, and my defenses are down.
By the time I am half way down a fifth, they are trying to enlighten me, but I don't understand. Too much information.
And the next morning when I wake up, the powerful drugs they have given me make my head ache and my memory blurry... sometimes a little nauseous as well.
I can't make heads or tails out of their visit the next day, but I notice they always manage to kill what I leave in the bottle as it is always empty the next morning. Bastards.
At this rate I won't be any smarter than the rest of the guys around here. All I will be stuck with is the notion that whatever pieces of information that I have read and believe are the actual and only truth.
Damn those aliens.
Bastards.
Robert)
On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 16:00:09 -0800 (PST), the infamous
following:

Ah, it is but your truth, Weedhoppa.

It was Michael Crichton who led me further over to the skeptical side. After reading his 1-page article in the Parade, I picked up his book _State of Fear_ and really got into it. I ended up reading armfuls of the books in his 28 page biblio, which led to other skeptic books and websites. And, of course, the more I read about it and the deeper I research it, the more skeptical I become. As I researched, I would find a tidbit on one side which led me one way, then find a tidbit on the other side which led me another way. I firmly believe that the CRU Scandal will be only the tip of the large, non-melting iceberg.

Of course. We fine, rational, even-tempered, open-minded skeptics can always put up with "you idiots." <evil grinne>
-- Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost. -- Thomas J. Watson
jo4hn wrote:

I won't, I'll be too busy riding my motorcycle.

In other words lots of propaganda.
On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:13:25 -0800, the infamous jo4hn

Oh, it will. My computer climate models predict Globular sWarming peaking in July, tapering off somewhat in August and September.
-- Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost. -- Thomas J. Watson

Amateur! My climate models further predict a precise alternation sequence between darkness and light every 12 hours along the equator.

I have to admit I got the idea from SNL back in the 70's. We will see continued day light followed by night fall.
On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 18:25:30 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

Aw, I didn't want to go macro on the poor little Believers, Leon. Shhh! You'll scare them even more than they already are.
-- Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost. -- Thomas J. Watson
If we take the earth's population at 7 billion, and moved them all toTexas,
Wouldn't that put the planet out of balance and throw it out of it's solar orbit? I mean, I can see it wobbling like the washing machine when the big blanket bunches up on one side of the tub and then hurtling out into deep space.
Dave in Houston

control the orbit around the sun and control the climate. 8-) Mike M

NASA Proposed an idea not to far from that. They suggested moving the planet away from the sun to mitigate global warming.
... snip

What could go wrong?

Rob Leatham