To My Friends In South Texas This Evening

Well, maybe not as far fetched as you think! The bill is on the table....

I don't think we could stand the whining about beer, cheating at hockey, "real football", and we certainly don't need anyone else filled with self loathing about being Americans in tears about the country and how we f*ck the world over at every opportunity.

Maybe there's a reason we haven't invaded... I'm not sure we want it.

If you watch this you will even see why I don't use a MAC. (I never knew what it stood for.... ;^ ) ) From a Canadian site:

wouldn't vote for it....

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

It's the American Way. That is not a slight against 'The Way', but think about it. IF Global Warming is a problem, wouldn't you be glad to spend a few billion to fix/solve that problem?

Global Warming is a myth. Ultimately the government is going to tax me to once again try to repair something that is not broken.

Reply to
Leon

Just curious, what makes you say that?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Mom was a smart woman, obviously.

Reply to
Steve

If it _is_ a problem, "a few billion" isn't going to fix it anyway. The US share alone would be at a minimum about thirty trillion dollars if I remember the numbers I worked out a while back correctly, (and likely much more). Then there are the wars to pull the plug on all the third world emitters that refuse to clean up. And some of those third world emitters are nuclear-armed.

Reply to
J. Clarke

There's all sort of spin being put on the leaked data from the CRU. My reading is:

-- The scientists involved do not have confidence in the data, and resorted to software manipulation to make the data fit predictions.

-- The scientists involved deliberately stonewalled publication of dissenting scientific opinions, to the point of having editors of science journals removed.

-- At least one of the software engineers tasked with updating the software used for modelling climate had no faith in the integrity of the data he was using in the models.

-- "The dog ate my data." so nobody can go back and re-run the models in any event.

This is all irrelevant to whether or not the climate is changing (hint, it is).

The scandal is the incredible subversion of scientific inquiry, the peer review process and the ability to review scientific inquiry.

The whole affair stinks of "cold fusion" to me.

Every "climatologist" should resign their tenured positions immediately, as the "science" is demonstrably false. They all need to go back to school and study mathematics.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Which does not really matter, as the 'constants' in the model get tweeked to ensure the outcome matches the expectations.

Then, now, and ever shall be, change without end. And all creatures great and small contribute. Cattle more than most.

Reply to
LDosser

I lurk in a lot of newsgroups but I've never seen so much downright ignorance re global warming as there is in this one. Hint - it is NOTHING to do with the weather in your neck of the woods. Have at it!

Reply to
Bob Martin

Clue: I did academic climate research for three years in the late 1970s. I suspect I know more than most.

Reply to
LDosser

My post wasn't particularly addressed to you, I replied to the latest post in the thread, so I'm sorry if I misrepresented you.

However, to those maintaining that global warming is a myth, please read

come back with your informed rebuttals. "It's all lies" and "it's a scam" is just not good enough. BTW : almost everything that's been said about the CRU in the media is wrong.

Bob Martin

weather cycles. And just what would the world community do if the earth decided it was time for an Ice Age? Nothing! What would these so called expert scientist paid by political activist suggest we do then? Nothing.

Reply to
Rich

With all due respect to L Dosser, an xbox outperforms the fastest computer in the world in the late '70s, and the kinds of models on which the politicoclimatologists are basing their claims simply could not be run then. The question is whether their models are showing something real or showing garbage-in/garbage-out.

Reply to
J. Clarke

following report, and its burying because it did not fit in with the current political agenda, is neither ... and irrefutable evidence that you are being misguided:

is the actual report, not media supposition, and what happened to it is undeniable fact, not the result of agenda driven media "spin".

This entire issue is simply too rife with examples of same for it to be viewed as pure innocence personified, which you seem to be doing.

Regardless of which side of the fence you're on, anyone, government or otherwise, advocating basing action on computer climate modeling done with even the suspicion of tainted data is being irresponsible ... GIGO is an irrefutable, _scientific_ fact, which can't be spun to suit any agenda.

Nice try ...

Reply to
Swingman

Being able to look at the world through my own eyes and interpret what I am seeing rather than being told what I am seeing.

I do not dispute that some places are getting warmer, at least for this period of time but there are other places that are getting colder. Take the South Pole for instance, its ice has been growing for years.

I totally believe that those that believe in global warming "trend", don't have enough data to make a proper assessment.

Reply to
Leon

And climate change is not the issue. We are talking global warming. Whe have climate change seasonally.

Reply to
Leon

That was my point. Global warming is not happening, and the leaked documents (not just the email) from the CRU demonstrate that the "scientists" screaming that the earth is warming KNOW that it's not happening.

Some of these same "scientists" were screaming that we were going to enter an ice age, back in the 1970s.

This is a classic "follow the money" scenario.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Sorry Dave, I misunderstood you comments. I apologize. Totally agree with your last comment about the money.

Reply to
Leon

Not to mention that neither politics, nor religion, have any place whatsoever in true scientific endeavor ... and this 'man made global warming movement', and the oligarchical proposed remedy, has more than a tinge of religiosity to it.

I've not made my own mind up either way, but I simply hate being manipulated!

Reply to
Swingman

I agree 100%

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

No worries, Leon. Sometimes *I* misunderstand my comments.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone