through/open dovetail problem

I have been searching many forums for a solution to this problem but haven't had any luck finding it. Here's my problem...
I'm trying to make through/open dovetails using a Craftsman 16 inch industrial jig. The stock I'm using is 3/4 inch thick. The manual states to use a 9/16th dovetail bit. Making dovetails is new to me. I've already had success with this jig making half blind dovetails. I must be missing something because when I set the depth of cut to 3/4", the cutting edges of the dovetail bit are only 9/16th deep. How am I supposed to cut a 3/4" deep dovetail with this setup? The manual states to cut open dovetails the stock must be 3/8" to 1" thick.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

When cutting blind dovetails, the bit used for this can only be used at one depth setting correctly regardless of wood thickness. Unless your jig is specifically made to cut and tells you how to cut through dovetails you probably cannot cut them on this jig.
If your dig is designed to do this, through dovetails are cut with the dovetail bit and the straight bit. You are probably trying to cut the wrong side of the joint with the DT bit.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm pretty sure I've discovered the problem.
First of all, my jig does do through/open dovetails and half blind. It also does box joints when using the appropriate template.
The problem was my 9/16th dovetail bit doesn't have a deep enough cutter. My bit only cuts 9/16th deep, the craftsman recommended bit has a diameter of 9/16th with a cutter that is a full inch deep. It doesn't appear that anybody else sells this exact bit so I'll have to buy the craftsman one. I'll also likely have to buy the 1/4" straight bit as it also requires a cutting depth of 1" (that is if I ever want to cut open dovetails with this jig into stock of 1")