Thought I had seen it all - Jointech for Ryobi BT3100

Prominently displayed in the Jointech booth in Houston was their super elaborate fence system specifically designed for the Ryobi BT3100. It was like mounting a Mercedes hood ornament on a Hundai car. An $800 fence system for a $300 saw? Hmmm. Somebody had a brain fart.
Bob

So are you saying that the Jointech is worthless in general? Aside from looks, that Mercedes hood ornament is worthless. LOL... Maybe like mounting a Mercedes engine in a Hyundai... better make that Yugo as I think Hyundai is probably a pretty good product these days. ;~)
So to make sense here Bob jointech should only sell their fence systems to people who have a $3,000 table saw.In reality Bob if who would'a took 5 minutes to look at it the jointech fence system for the ryobi is much much more then a table saw fence.
-- Knowledge speaks, wisdom listen..... Jimi Hendrix

I don't think Bob is saying that Jointech should only sell their fence systems to those with $3,000 saws. They should however only develop and market a product that people will buy. It would seem to me that an $800 fence system specifically designed to fit a $300 saw isn't real high in demand. Bob is noticing the humor in this. People likely turn to the BT3100 because they can get alot of features for a low price, but I would almost bet my shop that given $1,100 to blow on a tablesaw noone here would opt for the Ryobi with a Jointech fence. And I'd think the odds are the same that any BT3100 owners, if given $800 to upgrade there saws, would still have the Ryobi at the end of the day.
--
Brian
www.lavoiewoodworks.com

Uh, actually mounting a Mercedes hood ornament on a Hyundai might actually be considered a smear on Hyundai quality. MB has had a pretty bad and not improving quality reputation (deserved) of late, while Hyundai was real bad, but has gotten pretty good and is improving enough so that the Japanese brands are getting seriously worried.
--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."
I started to use a Cadillac analogy but figured I'd be showing my age.
Bob