This Group went to hell

Page 2 of 2
Take a pill and ride it out. Theres folks come and go and few have any interest in woodworking. Their whole life is spamming.
RonB

sailor wrote:

I've been on this group for more than 10 years and it has ALWAYS been like this. You just have to take the good with the bad and move on.
[snip]

Yup. It is called a NEWSgroup. Sometimes the news is about a couple of vandals setting cats on fire, and the next day, in the same paper, the announcement that we are getting a new bus.
Wed, Mar 14, 2007, 9:10pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@topworks.ca (Robatoy) doth announce: <snip> the announcement that we are getting a new bus.
We are? I want a window seat.
JOAT Custom philosophizing done. No job too small; must be indoor work, with no heavy lifting.
On Mar 15, 8:02 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

This bus is 20 feet wide and only 6 feet long. It is designed so that we can all sit in the front. Made in Belgium.
Thu, Mar 15, 2007, 8:31pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@topworks.ca (Robatoy) doth claimeth: This bus is 20 feet wide and only 6 feet long. It is designed so that we can all sit in the front. Made in Belgium.
I suppose next you're gonna say it's a Volkswagen bus.
JOAT Custom philosophizing done. No job too small; must be indoor work, with no heavy lifting.
Robatoy wrote:

What if they all want window seats? <G>
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (Robatoy) doth

Window seat? Who in their right minds would put more than a driver's seat in a bus? The real question is how to safely hook up both 220V and 120V for the table saw and dust collection! Think of all that space, it's perfect for a portable woodshop. :-)
Puckdropper

Puckdropper wrote:

Seen quite a few "recycled" ambulances around these parts. Make a very nice mobile shop. Hell, there's even a local architect using one as a mobile CAD studio. Strange seeing it rolled up at a job site and he's inside doing his mods to plans right there.
Unquestionably Confused wrote:
> Seen quite a few "recycled" ambulances around these parts. Make a very > nice mobile shop.
I was still in grade school when a couple of seniors in high school bought an old ambulance or hearse from the company that made them in Loudenville, Ohio, and converted it into a camper.
Took it to Alaska for the summer where they ended up fighting forest fires all summer.
The hearse company is long gone.
Lew

As, thankfully, are those old wagon-style ambulances. Not saying that a full modular is necessary for good care, but it sure makes it easier to get to all parts of the patient!

You mean like the old Dodge Powerwagon?

Drove a 62 or 63 Pontiac Bonneville ambulance on the A1 in England once. Had it pegged at 120 and still accelerating. The civilian who should have been driving was fried and never let me drive again.
[snipperified]

*in my best Archie Bunker voice*: "Ahww Geeeezzzz, Puck...not that again"
And I suppose that every place you stop, you're going to drive 4 feet of rod into the ground so you can electrically ground your dust collector tubing? And if your bus is Left Hand Drive, will that force you to install a Right Hand Tilt saw?
Bet you didn't think of that, eh?
<G>
Mon, Mar 12, 2007, 5:59am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (sailor) doth proclaim: Global warming, another soldier killed in Iraq, reasons for not drinking, etc, etc??? I had to check and see if I was in Rec. Woodworking. You people who post this crap (stuff not related to woodworking, as this is supposed to be a woodworking group, not a soap box) should buy some tools and chill out.
Thank you for volunteering for the position of group monitor.
JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool