Thickness Planer

I looking at thickness planers and would like some feedback.. What I'm leaning to as of now is the Delta 22-580 or the Dewalt 735.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks

would
I own the Delta and have not seen the DeWalt, but the specs sure look good. Blade change is quick on the Delta, it is very capable. Woodcraft is having a 10% sale on Delta on December 13. After rebate it will be $309.
Either would be a good choice, IMO. Ed
The reviews say that both do a great job, with virtually no snipe. From a look-and-feel standpoint, the Dewalt makes the Delta seem like a toy. But that comes at a price... The Dewalt, I believe, is a tad over 100 pounds. I don't plan to move the thing around, except on casters in my shop, so I'll be getting the Dewalt.
Brian.

would
Bought the 735 2 weeks ago and it is sitting in my shop waiting to come out of the box. I have other projects taking up my time for the next two weeks. I know another guy that bought it and he also bought the infeed and outfeed wings. I did not and will see how it works......I looked at both models since they were the only sub $500 units with two speeds. The three blades swung me to the 735......and I had a Lowes 10% off coupon that made the 735 only $430 + sales tax.
Be careful. after getting the planer you will want other toys...I also bought a Performax drum sander as another toy.
have you used the Performax yet? Have you seen the recent woodcraft circular? there is one listed in there as being NEW. Model 10-20 Plus, for $500. Is that the model you have?
dave

No I bought the Performax 22-44 which sits on the radial arm saw column. My 25 yr old radial arm saw just sits in a corner for occasional cutoffs so I bought this model on ebay last week for $212. After the purchase I saw the Model 10-20 you are referring to. That looks nice and I would probably have bought that if it wasn't for the price of the 22-44.
Funny thing about them, I wa at Sears yesterday snooping at the 3 they had in stock,Craftsman, Delta & Dewalt. Of the 3, the Dewalt was the cheapest. I didn't have time to thoroughly check them out as the wife was there but I found it odd that Dewalt made anything inexpensive.
Ray wrote:

you can bet it wasn't the 735, pa.
dave
Grandpa wrote:

I didn't have time to look really but the prices were like $299 for the Dewalt, $319 for the Delta and $399 for the Craftsman, or close to that anyway. How many different ones does Dewalt make?
Bay Area Dave wrote:

at least 2 that come to mind: the 734 and 735.